Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RH14 - Billingshurst

OllieJT23
4: Newbie

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Only occurs here.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. Please see profile 

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Very high ping and slow speeds for download and upload. Ping around 1500

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? Only seems to happen on 4G.

6) When did you first notice this issue? About a week ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @OllieJT23

I'm a little confused - is your issue related to a mobile phone connection to Vodafone or Broadband of some type ? 

I ask as you mention download speeds and ping in your answer to question 4.

Looking at the Vodafone Network Checker there isn't any current issues reported for local or surrounding masts. 

However it does report that your in a fringe coverage area. 

Link. 

Vodafone Network Checker.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

This is occurring on iPhones. I tested using the My Vodafone app.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@OllieJT23 - I’ve checked the coverage in your area and you’re on the edge of 3G and 4G, so it is a little patchy at that postcode.

Your local site (4188) is performing fine.

This looks to be due to general coverage and not a network fault. You can keep an eye on our UK coverage checker for any changes planned in the area.

I've driven right next to the site in question in Billingshurst and even with full signal we are getting very high ping! Download speed is ok in the evening but upload is very poor.

Spoken to other Vodafone users and they are experiencing the same.

Anymore news on this issue?

4G has now disappeared completely with 3G remaining. The 3G signal works significantly better compared to the 4G. Many thanks

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@OllieJT23 – I’ve checked your local sites again and everything’s performing as expected.

This is due to the general coverage in the area and not a network fault.

If you find that 3G is working better, try turning off 4G as this may help improve things.

As I've been tweeting all day, I'm having the same issue with your 4G network (also on an iPhone), 3G is fine for recieving/making calls but the data coverage doesn't work.

I've tried tests with a Blackberry DTEK60 and that pings fine over 3G, but it doesn't seem to connect with 4G.

Also in the high street I get "no signal" with the iPhone at all.

Basically it's a rubbish service in the town of Billingshurst which is due to increase by about 500 houses over the next couple of years.

Yeah this problem still exists and I think it's all down to congestion. There are just too many users for the area. So until an upgrade occurs we are stuck with no data!