Ask

Solution

RM6 - Chadwell Heath

Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? Yes - more than a mile
2) What is the full postcode: See Profile
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Intermittent loss of connectivity and very slow 4G (indoor and outdoors)
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? 4G only - Switching off 4G and using 3G means I get connectivity
6) When did you first notice this issue? More than two weeks ago
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent issue

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@Anonymous

Please launch the following link and input your post code. 

If your local masts are not showing any problems then use the zoom out feature on the map 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/

On zooming out using the first part of your postcode is see.....

We're planning some network upgrades in your area.

We've been doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls, texts and data coverage. Sorry if you noticed any disruption - we were working between 8am 02 Mar 2017 and 8pm 02 Mar 2017.

It can sometimes take a few days for masts to fully settle. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Howdy!

Did that already and there are no faults shown but there's definately a 4G connectivity issue.

BandOfBrothers

Have you zoomed out like I have to show the maintenance work?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - I can see the works you're talking about but this issue pre-dates them and is still occuring even though they have been completed.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous - I’ve checked your local 4G site and everything looks to be working as expected.

However, the postcode in your profile, isn’t RM6. Please let me know if it’s an RM6 postcode that you’re having this problem in and if so, please add the full postcode into your profile and I’ll be happy to check this further. :Smiling:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jenny,

I've updated the postcode in my profile! My brain must've autocompleted it to my old address :smileyvery-happy:

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous - Thanks for getting back to me and updating that. :Smiling:

I’ve checked that postcode and everything’s looking fine with your local sites.

You should get good 4G coverage at home, so I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch so we can look into this further.