Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rm17 almost non existent 4G

podycust
4: Newbie

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Just at home to regain full 4g I have to get away from faulty mast so few miles

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.
check profile
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
happens with multiple phones so know it's not my phone or sim
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
almost non existent 4g (0-2 bars) and phone keeps cycling between 3g and 4g draining the battery in the process. Normally yet full 4g signal!

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
4g
6) When did you first notice this issue?
about 5 days ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
Permanent

Happy to help!

22 REPLIES 22

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@podycust It appears that there may be an issue with your local 4G serving site (4883). 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Its returned again. why cant you just fix it properly?

Happy to help!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@podycust I've checked your serving site (4883) and it appears to be performing well, with no dips in performance or raised faults. 

What type of issue are your experiencing? 

podycust
4: Newbie
I keep randomly but repeatedly get 4g signal drop to 1 bar then back up to full even when the phone is idle and not being moved

Happy to help!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@podycust There's been no recent drops in performance with your local 4G serving site (4883). 

Are you able to test your SIM in a different mobile?

If the issue is still happening when you've tested your SIM in another mobile device, please contact us via the details from the private message I've sent so we can investigate further.

unfortunately am unable to test my sim in another phone (well one that is 4g enabled)

Happy to help!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@podycust In order for us to be able to rule out any potential issues with your mobile device, we'd ultimately need you to test your SIM in a different device. 

As you're unable to do so, please contact us via the private message I sent previously and we'll see if there's any further tests that can be done. 

it looks like my phone is having the issue as I had another vodafone handset next to mine watched signal drop on mine but nothing happened on the other phone. I noticed yesterday even away from mentioned area it still doing the same thing

Happy to help!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@podycust Thank you for letting us know! 

Generally speaking, you may notice that different mobile devices hold on to 3G/4G signal better than others, depending on various factors such as build type of the handset. 

I did a software repair using sony's xperia companion and even after that during the intial setup progress the signal was doing the same thing

Happy to help!