Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SO41 - Lymington

gdm00
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Can't get signal outside within 100m of house.  If I walk 300m away I get get H mobile data but always used to get 4G in that location

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? SO418LA

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes and used different phones and sims .. no improvement

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Just no signal.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? ALL

6) When did you first notice this issue? Couple of weeks ago but hoping Vodafone would have noticed/fixed.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @gdm00

Hope you dont mind but i have taken a peek at your postcode in the https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/ and your local and surrounding masts are not reporting any issues. 

However it does mention that the area is fringe coverage for 3g.

2g and 4g is suggested to be ok but just to mention the network checker isn't a guarantee but instead an indication of signal. 

Have you in the interim considered a Sure Signal or if applicableto your model of phone and contract type Calling Over WiFi. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Already have suresignal .. works in some of the house but not all as old house with solid inside walls.

Also it does not carry signal to outbuildings and would need a second suresignal to work there.

Neither EE nor 3 have any signal at all; O2 gets three bars outside whereas Vodafone gets none or maybe one if I am lucky.

It was OK outside last year apart from April to June (just like this year it sems), even got 4G in the garden though only in certain spots.

Main transmitter for the area (Sway Tower) also has peregrine falcon nests so if there is a transmitter problem in April it can't be fixed until June as access is prohibited due to protected birdlife and the chicks have to fledge before engineeers can access.  So looks like I'm stuffed so have to consider dumping vodafone after more than 25 years with them and same number (apart from 0385 prefix) as their mobile signal is hopeless.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gdm00 I'm sorry to hear this. :smileysad:

As stated your local serving site (1091) is performing correctly, and any future planned upgrades to the coverage in your area will be posted on our network status checker

You may also benefit by manually changing your device down to 2G only in this area. If you need help with how to do this, let us know the device you're using and we'll be happy to assist. :smileyhappy:

Clicking down to 2G doesn't help sadly.  Been there, done that before I raised as problem.

On the coverage map it shows an area to northwest of my actual location where you should get 4G indoors and outdoors.
There's actually no signal at all in that area currently regardless of what the network coverage map tells you!

Oh the delights of living in the sticks

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gdm00 Thanks for letting us know, it was worth a try. 

Please note: Our network coverage checker shows a computer generated prediction in a given area. It should be used as a guide only and is not a guarantee of actual signal coverage.

The coverage information I've provided previously was given after using our internal systems which show a more accurate reflection of coverage. 

Unfortunately it looks like you'll just need to keep an eye out on our network status checker for any planned updates within your area to improve the coverage. 

I've seen that you've stated that you own a Sure Signal device, you may also wish to check if you're eligible for Wi-Fi Calling

NedFlanders1984
6: Helper
6: Helper

Hey

If I just had a look at the coverage checker, your in a rotten spot, sadly the coverage is so patchy there.

There is one stop in your street which doesnt get any coverage at all, I suspect you must be in that area :Sad_face:

To answer your questlons, you shouldnt need to work 300 metres to get a signal, just double check your not in the "No signal Zone" turn your phone off and back on, its a quick way to get the signal to your phone, saving you walking around til it finds one. Sometimes when you lose signal it takes a while before it connects to a cell tower. So restart your phone and you should connect, pending your in the "coverage area"

I know Vodafone are currently upgrading a lot of there cell towers, so hopefully in the coming months you will not have this problem!

Cheers

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@gdm00 I can see that your local serving site (1091) is performing correctly. 

From looking at your postcode I can see that you should have 2G coverage, however 3G looks to be limited to outdoor/in-car and 4G is very limited. 

Any planned upgrades to your area can be found on our network status checker - however there's nothing currently showing for your location. 

As stated by @BandOfBrothers, you may benefit from a Sure Signal device (which creates a 3G signal) or be eligible for Wi-Fi Calling