Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SP5 - Alderbury

ianjwoodhouse
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We have had little to no signal for the last few weeks. There are no known issues on your network checker.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?  A mile or so.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

It occurs on both mine and my wife's phones. 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No Signal shown on phone.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

A few weeks ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

We can occasionally get 1 bar, however it is intermittent and can happen at any time.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I'm also unable to see issues with your local or surrounding masts. 

This could be mast congestion which is where lots of people access the mast(s) at the same time. 

Issues like new buildings being erected or extended and even in some cases trees growing can be an issue. Also if the population has grown in that area too.

In rare occasions the removal of a mast can cause issues too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ianjwoodhouse I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll be able to investigate further once you've contacted us. 

Hi, I have responded as instructed but have had no reply.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ianjwoodhouse I've checked our inbox, however I'm unable to see any emails from yourself via the email address registered within your profile. 

When checking your postcode, I can see that we've recently resolved an issue with your local 2G serving site (5892), which may have been impacting your calls coverage. 

If you're still experiencing trouble, please get in touch using the details from the new private message I've sent.