Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung note 5 model SM-N9208

Cjb2608
3: Seeker
Are you able to tell me whether this phone is able to use vodafone 4g lte band.
17 REPLIES 17

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

A quick search on the model suggests yes, but there are lots of different versions, and best to check which one you have.

It will need to support LTE 800 (band20), and LTE 2600 (band7) as they are the channels used in the UK by VF

Cjb2608
Hi i believe it operates on B7 and B26 which is also spose to be lte 800.Do you know if theres a difference between B26 and B20?

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Its a specific band Vodafone bought for their 4G spectrum. 

I would think the only way of 100% knowing is to try a Vodafone Payg Sim card in the Handset. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

grolschuk

B26 is 850MHz and used only in the USA

Thanks for your help this is the actual handset im condisdering purchasing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262061944606?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

it does state it runs on Band 7 so guessing i should be ok and be able to receive 4g lte.... right ?

Sorry by the way about being a nuiscance, until yesterday i didnt even realise there was different bands etc .

grolschuk

I'd personally not go for it if it was me purchasing.

The bulk of Vodafone's 4G offering is based on the 800MHz range, as it travels further and penetrates buildings better.

The 2600MHz that the hadset will support is only used in very dense areas where there are lots of people needing lots of data... So the centre of big cities, or sports stadiums.

ok thanks for that .Do you know whether there is a website you can view the different bands and what hertz they operate at ?

Hello,

If you go to this page and scroll a bit further down you can see a nice little table with all the UK networks and their LTE bands.

http://www.4g.co.uk/4g-frequencies-uk-need-know/

Hi

The note 5 supports 800MHz but not band 20 that Vodafone uses.

It does however support 2600MHz (Band 😎 and in theory should be fine with LTE.

Saying that i live in London and i get no 4G just H+ on note 5.

Hope it makes sense.

Yianni