Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Service failure - Colorado

M_d
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

As requested on every thread: 

1. Check if the issue only happens in one location. 

A: no. All around boulder. But thank you for helping me fill my Saturday with network failure 👌🏻

If it only happens in one location, go to number 2. If it happens everywhere you go, go to number 3.

2. Check your coverage and network status

A: Network coverage doesn't cover the US apparently. Feel free to include a consultancy deduction for finding flaws in your system from my next bill. 

3. Update your network connection

Switch off and restart your phone. 

A: Thank you you for your helpful suggestion. Restart, hard/factory restart, system update, network update are all not helpful, still shown 'no service' on iPhone. 

4. Test your SIM card in another phone 

A: the other phone that I always carry when solo travelling in the US?

5. Check for existing threads with the search bar near the top of the Community.
A: can't see anyone else in Colorado with no service. But thank you for the reassurance that other people may also be subject to systemic failure in network provision. Also, great that your system is so dire that we not only get to answer each other's questions in a public forum, but that you feel that is a valid troubleshooting pathway...?!

6. Post the network issue template (below)

<information on how to copy and paste removed>

---------------------------------------------TEMPLATE-----------------------------------------------

Post Title: 80304 - colorado 

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

NO SERVICE 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
No idea. Perk of travelling internationally. Was fine yesterday. 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
There is no service displayed. I can get it to search by turning on/off airplane mode, but within a few seconds it comes back to nonservice. Wifi fine. Thankfully. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to reach you at all. Not that I can on the ironically named '24/7 help' or via phone. Because it doesn't work. When you have no service. 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Everything 

6) When did you first notice this issue?
Earlier today. Probably 11am mountain time. 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
All day today - 12 hrs thus far. For which I will not be paying the supplement I am currently paying for World Traveller. It would be ironic if it wasn't so catastrophic. 

Please email me on the address you have with potential solutions. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @M_d

Are any other people who are perhaps with you roaming with Vodafone having any similar issues ?

Could it be the Network itself having issues ?

Are you able to manually choose an alternative Network if one is available ?

Perhaps purchase a cheap unlocked to all networks phone to try your sim in if possible. 

I appreciate your unimpressed at what's happening but as Vodafone do not have any direct control over a foreign network they cannot guarantee connection and service when roaming. 

Is your phone unlocked to all networks so that a local SIM card can be used in the interim. 

Live Chat can check your Account just to ensure it's nothing to do directly with your Account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for reaching out. I'm travelling solo so no one to check with. 

Other networks are shown after around 30seconds if I search, but they don't connect. 

Pretty sure my phone isn't unlocked, will endeavour to check this out tomorrow in the absence of a sudden regain of signal or these guys checking the account. Thank you. 

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

I hope this resolves in one way or another for you as I appreciate being connected while being alone in another country is a must. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.