Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TN16 Biggin Hill No Network

lucyhibs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

As from the beginning of the month I now have no signal at home, it occassionally will pop up with a single bar but dissapear if you try to make a call.  This is the same for other vodafone users.  

There use to be a very good signal which is one of the reason why I went with vodafone as I require a signal to run my business.

I've called 191 from my phone who have confirmed there is an issue in the area and it's being looked at.  This has been going on for a while and I'm still waiting.  I've asked if wifi calling could be enabled as this would allow me to recieve calls for work but apparetnly it's not avialble on the tariff and the only option is to spend an additional cost on a booster which I'm not prepared to do when I'm already paying for 2 vodafone contracts which I can no longer get singal on.

I've followed all the steps on the forum posts here 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/25405...

And still nothing.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
Yes, it's only when I travel about a mile in the car signal returns.
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? 

Added to forum profile

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
No and multple users are having the same issue.
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
None
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
all
6) When did you first notice this issue?
Start of the month
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

3 REPLIES 3

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lucyhibs - I’ve checked the coverage at all of those locations and while you should get 2G, 3G and 4G, you’re right on the edge of coverage. Your local site is currently performing fine.

You may find that changing your network settings to 2G only will help improve the signal you receive.

As this is due to general coverage and not a fault, you could buy a Sure Signal to use at home as this would provide you with 3G.

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for the reply, I've been with vodafone for years and there's never been an issue i always got 4 bars of 4g.  

It's only this month where it's either 1 bar or No Service.  So something has cleary changed and it was confirmed when calling vodafone.  The was the response.

We have had a look at the case in question and can confirm we are pushing the optimisation team to provide us with timeframes for the mast tilts they intend to perform which will hopefully improve the coverage in the affected area. As soon as we receive their response, we will let you know.

Which is great but it's being going on for the whole of June and you unable to provide wificalling or a booster box in the mean time while I struggle to get a signal.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lucyhibs So we're able to look into this further, please contact us via the information in the private message I've sent.