Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trip Report: Vodafone IT (Italy)

nikiandemma
7: Helper
Just returned from 3 nights in Milan and using the Euro Traveller. Similar set up to EE in terms of 4G priorities and bands. Band 3 (1800 @ 20MHz) was the primary layer whilst Band 7 (2600) topped up the demand increase in the more busy areas in the city. We ventured out to Serravalle, about an hour south towards Genoa and found Band 20 (800) was also present across the fields also with good speeds. Power levels were similar to here, 2G very strong as you'd expect, didn't see any low frequency 3G however the 3G2100 was very high powered, matching 2G levels most of the time. Signal was everywhere, and every mast I spotted was high up in the city, even out in the fields the masts were at least 20m tall. Mainland Europe certainly has mobile connectivity as a P1, if only the same could be said here..
6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Good to hear service was good. 

Hope you enjoyed the sights and sounds too in Milan. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Often receive speeds well above 100Mbps in Europe, and it would appear that it is slowly coming to the UK too

Did you do any speed tests?

nikiandemma
I did a few but I only have the iPhone 6 and 20GB SIM only, so no massive speeds available to me. Waiting to upgrade next month to something which will do CA nicely!

The speeds and strengths were pretty good though, only pulled my phone out of my pocket once and saw it'd dropped to 3G. Unsure if CA would be available whilst roaming? Perhaps someone could answer that?

But overall a great experience, no shortage of masts, speeds nor strengths. Just a shame that the UK is lagging so far behind 🙁

I've CA'ed with roaming. Also, data used by Net Perform is not counted while abroad from what I've experienced. 

There are a whole variety of reasons that foregin networks may be better than ours. Higher ARPU, less restrictive planning laws and much more. 

I can also confirm CA is available abroad