Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unlock Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

guyyoung
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 mobile is locked and can only be used with the vodafone network.  I want to use a sim card from another network while using the phone abroad.

I have been given an unlock code for my Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 mobile, however, when I put the sim card from another network, it does not prompt me for an unlock code and so I am unable to use the code given.

I am not able to use the sim card from another network and get a message to say that the phone can only be used for emergency calls only.

Please can someone advise how I am able to enter the unlock code on the phone. 

5 REPLIES 5

redpages
17: Community Champion

Was the code requested directly from Vodafone here or did it come from a third party?

If it's a Vodafone code that isn't working I'd be tempted to take it to a retail store for them to examine it hands on.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Thanks for your response.

Just to clarify.  I have not been able to use the code yet so do not know whether it works or not.  The problem I have is that the phone has not requested an unlock code.  I have seen various websites that suggest a sequence of number and characters in order to get the phone to accept the code, however, none of the ones that I have found have worked.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @guyyoung

Some phones are unlocked by inputting the code in an invoked pop up box as you mention but some are also unlocked by finding the relevant settings in the phones.

Are you using an activated different networks SIM card. 

Sometimes ive found better results using one of the main uk Networks SIM cards and not a virtual network operator. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your response Bandofbrothers.

I am using a sim code from another overseas network, which has worked in the same mobile previously and is active. 

I am not sure how to find the relevant settings on the phone which would allow me to enter the unlock code.

As the phone is currently overseas with my mum, it is not going to be possible to try a UK Sim (from another network) in the phone

Do you have any other ideas please?

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@guyyoung Hi, as you mentioned you've used a SIM card from another network abroad previously and this was successful, it sounds like the device is already unlocked.

If you're using a Pay as you go SIM from abroad, please be aware that the number may have been removed after 90 days if there's no usage from the number. This would mean that the SIM is no longer active.

Alternatively, the SIM card may be faulty and is therefore not being recognised by the phone. 

It may be worth requesting for a different SIM from the network provider you'd like to use.

Please keep us updated with this.