Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Upgraded yesterday, no service still.

MissEJH
3: Seeker
So I upgraded my phone yesterday and the woman in the shop set it all up for me so I could keep my old number. I'm receiving texts and calls on my new phone through my old number but it's still saying no service in the corner and when I'm not on wifi I have nothing at all, no 4G.
I used the live chat this morning and the guy I spoke to said he looked at my account and there was no reason it wouldn't be working. He said to restart my phone which I did, even though I'd tried it before, and it didn't work.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi, did you port into Vodafone from another network or were you already with them?

BandOfBrothers

To mention if this is porting then as porting does not occur over a weekend it maybe Monday or Tuesday when it settles. 

Could you try turning your phone On and Off to reboot it. 

Edit 

Just seen your reply :Smiling:

So you've upgraded ?

It could again be settling. 

Please turn it off and On. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

MissEJH
Hi John. I was already with them. I ordered it online and went in store to pick it up and they set it up for me there.

63johnw
Ah ok. Well there should be no reason for it not to work, porting from another network happens in stages and doesn't happen over weekends but if you are already with them it should work.

You could try livechat again to see if they can see anything at account level?

MissEJH
Thanks for your response guys. I have turned it on and off a few times but nothing yet. I might try live chat again but it took so long and he said in the end there was no problem with my account. Bit stumped really.

BandOfBrothers

Usually these types of hiccups self resolve once the upgrade has settled. 

Can you try manually choosing another network and then switch back to Vodafone?

Also trying your SIM card in another phone may jolt things !

Maybe give it the weekend and then speak with customer service. Your call. :Smiling:

Hope all resolves asap. 

Current Phone  >

MissEJH
Thanks for that. I'll try all of those suggestions and if it doesn't work I'll give it some time and then customer services if it still doesn't work.

MissEJH
I've put my old SIM card in my new phone and it's working perfectly. Does that mean it's still switching over and should I just use my old sim for now?

BandOfBrothers

If your old sim is the right size to use in a new phone then just use the original SIM card. 

All the relevant changes happen in your account. 

Current Phone  >