cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VoLTE and VoWiFi "enabled" but not working.

Nichrome
4: Newbie

Hello,

2 days ago I have contacted Vodafone customer service via Live Chat, in order to have VoLTE and VoWiFi calling enabled.
Apparently these has been enabled, but I do not have the possibility to use VoLTE on neither my Samsung Galaxy S5 or OnePlus 3 (both VoLTE compatible). What is the deal here? I have LTE signal almost all the time (BS34 7BT Bristol), but VoLTE is not an option that should appear in phone settings.

Part of the chat transcript attached as screenshot (names blanked out).

volte.png

Thanks,

Nichrome

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

The last time I checked with Vodafone volte is not an enabled feature on the Vodafone network yet. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

So customer service "successfully activated the WiFi calling" even though it does not exist on the Vodafone network?

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Link > Calling over Wifi is available to people on an eligible contract and eligible phones. 

Volte is calling over 4G rather than the 2G or 3G connections.

Current Phone  >

Hi

1. I am aware that VoLTE uses LTE. And I do have LTE connection almost all the time. According to signal coverage map, I have LTE available for radius of 10miles from my postcode.

2. If my Contract wouldn't be eligible for it, then Customer Assistant would tell me this, right?

3. Both Samsung Galaxy S5 and One Plus 3 are VoLTE capable.

Edit:

I am not as much bothered about WiFi calling, as I am about VoLTE.

BandOfBrothers

Uk uses the 4G variant. 

Lte variant is mostly used in places like America. 

Just to clarify,.....

Calling over Wifi is available to Vodafone Account holders if they meet the criteria pointed out in the link I added. 

Volte is not yet available on the Vodafone network even if the spec is available in the phone. 

Current Phone  >

So can you please tell me, what the Customer Assitant enabled? Because as far as I can see and read, it clearly says Voice Over LTE.

Misleading info from Vodafone..

Thanks.

BandOfBrothers

It sounds to me that Calling Over Wifi is enabled. 

Chat is mostly overseas call centres and sometimes things can be lost in translation.  

Current Phone  >

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Nichrome 

The information given by @BandOfBrothers and @jeffkinn is correct in relation to VoLTE not being available. 

It sounds as though Wi-Fi Calling has been enabled on your mobile device. 

Apologies for any confusion this may have caused 

jeffkinn

VoLTE is not available at all on the Vodafone network.

Wi Fi calling is but only if you have the right handsets and type of contract and neither of the phones you mentioned are the right handsets so you won't get Wi Fi calling even if it is enabled on your account.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png