Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VoLTE and WiFi Calling

B-12345
11: Established
11: Established

Are the two mentioned services even a thing anymore?

I am aware the XZ supports VoLTE in various parts of London, and some Samsung phones and iPhones support WiFi calling, but are these it? Any news on whether Vodafone will actually make them services for everyone?

Using a BB Keyone.

Regards.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @B-12345

Right now that's pretty much the status of both. 

Vodafone wouldn't comment on future plans on the services so it's a case of watching the Calling Over Wifi dedicated help and support pages and Vodafones Blog. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It doesn't seem to matter; the Vodafone website lists the phones and tarifs necessary to enable wifi calling, but when push comes to shove they can't enable it.  I'm a business customer, raised this as an online support query and still don't have a resolution.

Both services are working perfectly fine. For VoWiFi aka WiFi calling you need to have this service activated, have compatible handset and obviously be in WiFi range. Mind you that VF branded handsets by default only fall back to WiFi calling when mobile network reception is poor. In terms of VoLTE you again need compatible handset and be in 4G+ signal area. In addition, for the call to be HD quality both handsets must be compatible with that technology.

Which band is VoLTE running on then?

At the moment I am connected to band 20. Just 4G (no +) yet still managed to make a call without a fallback.

What device is this on? And the call was 4G throughout?

Galaxy S7. Yes-as I mentioned there was no fallback to 3G - entire call was VoLTE