Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Fibre Broadband

glangmuir
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since I am unable to contact Vodafone via Live Chat - its never available no matter what time of the day I try or get through via any of the telephone numbers, I thought I would post here.

I moved from BT Fibre broadband a month ago, I was getting 38Mb down and 6Mb up and since the migration I have had nothing but trouble from my connection.

It is presently in the "Test Socket" please see attached image.

The service is as bad as Vodafones customer service.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @glangmuir

Have you tried the following contact number ?

Got a question?

08080 034 515
(free from all UK landlines and mobiles)
Lines are open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

Live Chat should be accessed via a computer and the chat window left open until an agent becomes free. Ensure no pop up blockers are turned on. 

Regarding your connection. 

I had similar issues with my BT Home Hub 5. I connect via wireless so expect some speed loss. 

However splitting my frequencies to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and choosing the 2.4ghz helped me enormously. 

Also changing my wireless channel as it seems the one I was currently on was congested. 

Resetting the router helps too but not if a person is within the first 30 days of activation date as it's still settling in. 

I never attain the speeds BT say should be available in my area but I do get pretty close to it. 

I prefer to use the Ookla Speedtest.net tool as in my experience it gives a more precise reading. 

I hope you get this resolved asap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thanks for your reply - I have tried that number and got struck in a loop where it asked me for account numbers / mobile telephone number.

I have tried Live Chat at all different times of the day over the last month, it is NEVER available. See attached image.

The Ookla speed test may be more accurate but as my original image shows, my FIBRE broadband is running around 2Mb down - that is not an innacurate speed test, that is a fault.

The router is directly plugged into the TEST SOCKET and the speed test was carried out over a patch lead.

When I was with BT (for two painful years) my speeds were around 38/6 all that has changed is the provider - same cabinet, same copper pair - just a different router and the speeds have dropped to around 26/5.

Yesterday the service was unusable, 1/5 - and I could not contact Vodafone via any preferred method (Telephone / Live Chat).

Something has changed AFTER I migrated to Vodafone - I realise this is a BT Openreach problem but I cannot contact them directly, I do that via my ISP who are Vodafone. 

When I joined Vodafone I was guaranteed a minimum of 35/6 - so I expect to receive that at least.

Hi @glangmuir

Please try contacting our Broadband Team again on 08080 034 515, if you don't know your account number, or have a mobile account with us then ignore the prompts. They will repeat three times, and then you'll be put through to the options. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

I’ve been on hold on the phone line for 95 minutes now so don’t hold your breath

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Fudgesmammy I'm sorry to hear you were on hold for a long period of time. 
Did you manage to speak to an adviser? 

If you still need help with anything, please let us know and we'll be in touch to assist.