Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Sim Cards for our US AT&T Phones

wellborn77881
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My family will be flying into Manchester and spending two weeks in the United Kingdom; London, Cardiff, Betws-y-Coed, etc.  We want to use our unlocked US AT&T GoPhones with Vodafone Sim Cards / Pay-As-You-Go plans and want to make sure our phones will work.  One phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 G900A 4G LTE and the other two are Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE.  I have used the "Will My Phone Work" website sucessfully for the Samsung, but my version of the Lumia 640 (North America AT&T) is not listed.  The Lumia 640 shows the following Supported Bands when I do a ##3282# band check:

LTE Bands 2, 4, 5, 7, 17, 28

GSM DCS 1800

E GSM 900

GSM 850

GSM PCS 1900

B1-WCDMA 2100

B2-WCDMA 1900

B4-WCDMA US 1700

B5-WCDMA US 850

There is some confusion about “WCDMA” and whether or not it works on Vodafone’s networks.  I would appreciate any help on confirming our phones will work with Vodafone Sim Cards in the UK.

Thank you, David

1 REPLY 1

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I have the Lumia 640 LTE as my work phone and have used it without a problem roaming on AT&T in the States so it sounds like you'll be fine to use yours here.

It's usually non GSM customers (like Verizon) who have issues with non compatible phones.

Enjoy your trip to the UK when it comes! :smileyhappy: