Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

WN8 Skelmersdale

Tpcp85
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Yes just happens where my house is. Works fine around the rest of town

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. WN8 9DS

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Low signal and cannot connect to the internet

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? When I moved in last week

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? seems to be permanent 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The Vodafone Network Checker page > Here < does not report any issues with your Local or Surrounding mast and no current Maintenance Works @Tpcp85

It suggests signal for 2G,3G and 4G should be good unless a person is in a Basement Flat. 

As your signal is fine elsewhere this suggests your Sim Card and phone are Ok. 

In my opinion this maybe just a hiccup and Service should resume or weather conditions, a new building or extension to current building or tree growth (foliage) or population growth may have caused a dip in signal. 

Also Mast Congestion where lots of people are accessing the Mast(s) at around the same time can cause Signal dip. 

Solutions could be >

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Tpcp85 I've checked the coverage in your local site (45149) and can see that 3G and 4G are mostly outdoor only coverage.

You should get good 2G coverage - please change your phone's network settings to 2G only as this should help improve things.

Tpcp85

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Happens in my home address and surrounding area. Have to travel a mile up the road to get signal 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. WN8 9DS

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No signal can't access internet using data 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

When I moved in on the 24th July

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permenant

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Tpcp85 Thanks for getting back to us.

Were you able to switch your phone settings to 2G only as advised above?