Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why does my wifi keep dropping out on Vodafone broadband

Lauraw84
3: Seeker

Hi, my wifi keeps dropping out on Vodafone broadband and I've not been able to log onto my work computer all day even tho mobile wifi and been in and out of signal all day, I've spoke to two advisors and both times the wifi started working but as soon as I go off line it happens again. This has only been happening the last day can anyone help

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Nabs
17: Community Champion

Hi @Lauraw84

My initial thought would be that one of your neighbours has just got a new router and is using the same wireless frequencies as your.

When searching for a network do you see any wifi networks that never used to be there?

Lauraw84
I've not noticed to be honest is there a way of checking who is using the frequency? Thanks for ur help

Nabs
@Lauraw84 if youve got an Android device therea an app called Wi-Fi Analyzer that you can install. It shows you all the networks in range and which frequent (channel) they are using.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer

If youre using an Apple device there are similar apps available in the store, sorry can get a link for those 😞

Using the app you should be able to work out if there is another WiFi overlapping yours. Let us know how you get on.

Lauraw84
Thank you so much I'll have a look now 🙂