Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wi-fi Calling issue

GillyJay
4: Newbie

Hi, I'm in N Devon and work from home. Today my Wifi calling isn't working, well, as of 9.45 it went off. After 4/5 live chats and various waits for technical who didn't respond, I am now told that there is a general issue with WiFi calling today. BUT I was told that I could take my phone to a Vodafone store and they may  be able to sort it?? Odd?? I was also told to ring 191 which I can't do because I have no mobile signal and rely on Wifi Calling. I've tried to reinstate my SureSignal but that, if it happens will take up to 4 hours or more. Not sure if SureSignal and WiFi Calling will work together SHOULD Wifi call start up again. Anyone help?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @GillyJay

The stores can sometimes help with minor technical issues etc but not with account issues which may be the problem your experiencing. 

How long has your sure signal been dormant? I ask.l because after 3 months it may be suspended and needs customer service to remove it and if it's over 12 months then it's permanently barred from the Network. 

What I find sometimes with these types of.issues with signal and WiFi calling is that they tend to self resolve. Sometimes a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On can help. 

And turning WiFi calling off and in in your myvodafone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thanks for the response. I 'de-registered' my SureSignal back a few weeks ago at their request. They sent me a text telling me it hadn't been used for a few months and suggested I deregister it or they would suspend it so I sorted it that day. However I re registered it again this morning when the WiFi problem reared its head. By the time the SureSignal had come back into play after reregistering (an hour +), the Wifi issue was solved. It was a technical problem apparently. I tried all the suggestions ie turning the phone off, deactivating the mobile sign (Airplane mode) and re-enabling Wifi, rebooting the internet and all failed. It took four Live Chat session before for someone told me the problem lay with WifFi Calling and was general. So frustrating! My phone is a company one, not my own. We live out in the sticks and only get 1 bar on a mobile signal at best.  SureSignal was never very good. People often couldn't hear me if the internet coverage was poor. I could hear them fine. WiFi calling is so much better and I've not had any issues with it up until today. I will have to deregister my SureSignal again. Thanks again for your help.