Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 unlock

N_kwame751
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently bought an iPhone from a guy in London and it's locked to Vodafone UK, I've been trying to get it unlocked but I can't get it unlocked because I don't have the mobile number. The phone is clean, the previous owner gave me the receipt. Its been almost a month now and I still can't unlock my phone. I don't want my money to go waste, please help me

5 REPLIES 5

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

Are you in the UK? If so you can buy a Vodafone PAYG sim and use it for 30 days and then request an unlock from Vodafone. 

If you aren't in the UK you won't be able to get it unlocked unless you can get the phone back here for someone else to put a PAYG sim in it for you.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

No, Im not in the UK, I moved out of the Uk

BandOfBrothers

@N_kwame751 wrote:

Then as suggested you would need to send it to someone you know in the U.K. They use it for 30 days on payg and ship it back to you. 

Or sell it on. 

Many standalone highstreet shops or online unlocking solutions won't work due to the A Chipset in the iPhone and by the way apple unlock them. 

I assume you cannot contact the original owner then ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

@N_kwame751 wrote:

You won't be able to get it unlocked. You should sell the phone and try and get your money back.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Can you contact the original owner ?

If so they msybe able to request its unlock via the Vodafone Online Unlock form. 

Vodafone official information in this link > Vodafone and Unlocking.

Or as mentioned by @jeffkinn use the Payg route for 30 days. You must actually use the SIM card in the phone to make calls,send texts ,use data and top up. Its not typically enough just to insert the SIM card. 

To add....

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code but instead is unlocked via Apple and their Database.

Vodafone would email you to confirm it's been requested after accepting your unlock request. 

Apple then can take occasionally approximately up to 30 days to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Periodically insert an active Non-Vodafone Sim Card in the iPhone and hook up to iTunes.

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.