Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

"Vodafone" App

cwiver1988
3: Seeker

So for the last few months I have a Generic "Vodafone" app on my Note 4 which has an icon that looks like a Sim Card. 

Disregarding the fact that this app has permissions to "Add or modify calendar events and send emails to guests without owner's knowledge" Which I think is unacceptable. Every time I move this icon to a folder, within a few days it has re-appeared outside said folder. 

You cannot disable, hide or move this app without it re-appearing.

Can you please advise what I can do to hide this app, or at least get it to stay in the folder that I place it in. (I've attached a photo of the app for your info)

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

It's the old SIM Services menu.   It may have those permissions, but I don't think it uses them, and certainly not unless you interact with it.  Google permissions are a bit of a mess and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Do you have it in a homescreen or just in the app drawer?  If it's a homescreen you can remove it and it'll stay gone.   You can't uninstall it and, if you move it in the app drawer, it'll reappear when it's read from the SIM.   Frankly, it's a dinosaur!

If you normally launch apps from the homescreens, you only need to delve into the drawer when you want to add a new homescreen icon, so it isn't really an issue.

cwiver1988

So for the last few months I have a Generic "Vodafone" app on my Note 4 which has an icon that looks like a Sim Card. 

Disregarding the fact that this app has permissions to "Add or modify calendar events and send emails to guests without owner's knowledge" Which I think is unacceptable. Every time I move this icon to a folder, within a few days it has re-appeared outside said folder. 

You cannot disable, hide or move this app without it re-appearing.

Can you please advise what I can do to hide this app, or at least get it to stay in the folder that I place it in. (I've attached a photo of the app for your info)

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

It's the sim toolkit - It's not going to charge your bill or do anything to you, it's been in ALL phones since the introduction of the sim card so it's not a new thing. 

Ignore it - it'll do no harm to your phone or services. 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

hrym

Some of the services are chargeable, though, so be careful where you click/tap!