Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BT OPENZONE FREE WIFI

dedman999
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi on my account it sais that i have 2gb of free bt openzone wifi, i tried my details on the bt openzone website, but its not letting me log on!

Help me please!!!!

19 REPLIES 19

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jcdammer,

If you've already activated the BT OpenZone Wi-Fi as instructed above, we'll be happy to check your account and settings to see where it's falling down. Simply email my team directly using the instructions I've sent to your Private Message inbox here. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben 

I've just read this on my bill too... didn't know I had it.

I've tried going into My account and finding something to activate, but I can't even see it!

Help pls!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Madkow71

Welcome to the eForum :Smiling:

Have you tried the steps Dave has mentioned? If you have and you're still unable to activate it, please reply to the PM I've sent and we'll be in touch.

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Sukhi

Hi 

I seem to have the same issue.

I can confirm I have followed instructions from Dave above.   Within my profile I have a big green tick against BT Openzone WiFi.

When I connent to BTO I select the 'select my provider' option, select Vodfone, input the same user name and password that gave me access to my account details above...and I get a 'error occurred please check your user name or password is correct' message.

Can you please advise.  Thanks.

Hello....

How long is it normal to have to wait on this forum for a reply?

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Rob4321,

How are you accessing the BT Openzone Wi-Fi? Are you using the My Vodafone app?

You need to be in a BT Wi-Fi premium hotspot to be able to access the network. There’s more information about the service here.

If you are in the correct place to access Wi-Fi and still can’t, we’d need to look at your account to see what’s happening.

You can see how to get in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi

I have sent info by email too as you requested but for the sake of others searching for similar issues I can confirm that I have been trying to connect to BT Openzone hotspot and I have an iPhone so do not need the Vodafone App. 

I'm a vodafone corporate customer and I cant find how to activate the free BT wifi I'm told I should have. I have installed the my vodafone app but I cant get it to log into the hotspots. Please can you advise what I need to do as I want to get this working. When I look on the business customer tab I dont see the activate my wifi link you mention.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Oh dear.   Openzone wifi is a can of worms due to its various flavours.  Are the hotspots you're trying to connect to showing in the app - on the map or in the list?   If not, then they're the type that's not available to you.   If they are, it's odd.  The app should connect you, and I assume you've told it to and that you have wifi turned on (sorry to ask obvious questions but, y'know...)

Queries from people who seem to be having trouble with the app appear here from time to time, but I've never seen a definitive solution, whether it's an account issue, an app issue or something else.  If the Tech Team could pick this up, you may be able to get it resolved, but it would also be useful to know what the eventual answer is.

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi chappers75,

BT Openzone Wi-Fi isn't included with all corporate plans.

I'd recommend calling your dedicated team on 191 from your work phone. 

They'll let you know if it's included.

Thanks,

Matt B