Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't send text messages

cornerstone
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I was in middle of a conversation via text message, Then I couldnt send text anymore, but can receive them. Can you advise please?

12 REPLIES 12

hrym
17: Community Champion

Either there's a network issue or your phone has somehow lost the message centre number.  I can think of four things you can do:

1. Give it 24 hours and see if it settles.

2. Turn your phone off and on again, which should refresh the information picked up off the SIM.

3. Try a different location (far enough away to get you a different mast).

4. Get a replacement SIM - there's a small possibility yours has failed.

Many thanks. I had already tried (1) and (2) before I posted my request for help, but I will try again, and then move on to your other two points. Much appreciated.

hrym

The best way to bet a new SIM is to drop into a Vodafone shop.  They can also activate it for you.

I would suggest going in to the store so that they can report it as it seems to be a wider problem. 

I've been into store today with the same problem,someone else also with the same.  

The more people who report it the quicker it should get resolved. 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @magenta2204 

Did the store raise this for you?

Have you tried all the suggestions hrym mentioned above?

Thanks,

Sukhi

Sandi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I too am having problems, it's been almost 24 hours and I can't get any help from live chat, and can't get through on the phone. Is there still a network problem, this is getting ridiculous now!!

Yes Sukhi, the store have raised it (well they said they would) and I have raised it myself directly.

and yes I tried all the suggestions, none work.  

This issue has been ongoing now since Thursday, more and more people are reporting the same problem and still not resolved.  It's actually quite disgusting as we have phones which are basically useless at the moment and no means to contact anyone when out and about. 

There is no annoucement from vodafone to say that aware of the problem and looking into it either.  

I started this thread, and am amazed that Vodafone has not issued any `awareness` notice, as the internet is full of examples in the past week. But now, for no reson I can see, I can now receive and send texts as before! I hope you all have the same experience...! thanks for your input.

I have just posted about this too, sorry did not notice your message about this. Have you had any luck sorting it?   It's crazy, have a freedom pack and cannot use it...

My texts came back on Sunday after being on and off, but now today I cannot send a thing.