Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot get MMS working on my Lumia

Patg
4: Newbie
Cannot get MMS working on my Lumia 530 been to Vodafone shop also store where phone was purchased no joy need tech help which is not available at the moment
4 REPLIES 4

Patg
I was going to try this morning but the message unavailable keeps coming up

Patg
Hi I have a problem sending MMS from my Lumia 530 tried trouble shooters Vidafone shop even went back to the store I bought my phone from settings are all correct.
Advised live chat but cannot get through "live chat unavailable" the support site says 24 hours I think that should be changed

hrym
17: Community Champion

When you get to the contact options page, leave the window open and Live Chat should become available after a minute or so.  It always comes up as busy at first.

redpages

Apologies if this is what you've tried already but you need to narrow down if it's a problem with the SIM card or the phone:

• Setting up the phone - If you text WEB to 40127 it should send a copy of the MMS and Internet settings to your phone which can then be saved. 
  • Setting up the SIM - contact customer services via live web help, explain you've sent yourself the settings but want to check that the SIM card is set up for internet and picture messaging

Failing that:

• What happens when you put the SIM in another phone and try to send an MMS? (if it works it points to the SIM working and the problem being a settings issue with the Lumia) - A Vodafone retail store should be able to test this for you
  • Are you on Pay as you Go or Pay Monthly?
  • What error do you get when you try and send an MMS?
  • What signal coverage displays on the phone?
  • What happens when you try and send MMS to your own number?
  • Does MMS fail to one number or multiple numbers?
  • Are you able to access the internet over the Vodafone network?

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community