Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Configuration texts on rSAP disconnect!

RS3100
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since August 2011I have been battling with Vodafone telephone support line to stop the sending of text messages regarding configuration settings each time the phone disconnects from the car.

I get a text saying the following:

"To make sure you can access the internet on your mobile we are sending your phone settings by text. Depending on your choosen price plan some internet services may incur a charge. For meinformation go to vodafone.co.uk/paygcosts".

Then a second message arrives

"Select 'Save' from 'Oprions' to configure all settings.
Access points
PAYG MMS
PAYG WAP
Multimedia access points:
PAYG MMS
Web Settings:
PAYG WAP"

Vodafone say the only way the messages will stop is if I change the settings on the cars system but when I enter the phone menu, the only options the car covers is adding or deleting a user and changing a user name. All other menus access my phone directly. I have had the car two years, no firmware updates on the car, had the phone the same time. What's more confusing is that it happens on my wifes car which is 18 months old. Both our cars are from the same manufacturer but different model ranges.  The phones we have are a Nokia 5230 and a Nokia 2730.

I'd be surprised if it is the cars unit becasue it happens on both cars when phones disconnect, both mobiles are on Vodafone network.  Both cars have been back to the dealer and there are no faults.  I fail to see why it could be a car fault as it only uses rSAp to allow a hands free control via Bluetooth.  This doesn't happen with any other bluetooth connection I make.

Why would my car instruct Vodafone to send instructions to my phone on how to connect to their services?

Any help greatly appreciated as we have missed some important messages as they get lost in the Vodafone list, approximatly 26 per day!  My wife has missed out on job interviews because of the same problem.

Hope someone can help here, otherwise it is a letter to Vodafone instructing them that I will bill them for the time it takes to delete the messages and take up with Ofcom as these are unsolicited messages.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Pleased to confirm that the issue of irritating incessant Configuration Messages when using rSAP is now fixed on Vodafone!

The process to follow is:

1) Call 191 and speak to Customer Services.

2) Select the menu option for Technical Support, possibly labelled as "Problems using your phone".

3) Explain to the operator that you need to be put through to Level 3 support to make a change on their "VDC" system.

4) You might need to be put to Level 2 Support first, so you may need to repeat the request.

5) Eventually, you will be in touch with Level 3 Support. Instruct them to set your phone number on their "VDC Blacklist" which is a list of phones that should not be sent the Configuration Messages.

6) The Vodafone system will still register that you have (virtual) change of phone every time you use rSAP in your car, but the blacklist on your number will then block all Configuration Messages from being sent to your phone.

This block will not stop normal Vodafone text messages such as Vodafone Call Catcher or general customer service text messages.

It has been a very pleasant few days without the dozens of daily Vodafone Configuration Messages that clog up my system, so I have chosen to remain with Vodafone. Good service deserves to be rewarded with good customer loyalty - just wish it did not require the process of leaving Vodafone before somebody chose to address it in two days, when being told for the last four months that it was not possible to address at all!

My thanks to all at Vodafone who made this possible.

View solution in original position

81 REPLIES 81

I have PM'd Andy using the link that is being supplied -  but as yet no response from anyone  -   and I am still getting the pair of messages everytime I turn the car off and disconnect.

Chris 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

Sending a direct PM to an agent, won’t reach us due to the amount of queries we deal with on the eForum.

Please click here to send your details to my team.

Many thanks,

Gemma

Hi Gemma

Have sent details as per the request -- received an email without any return contact details - which initially my mail system classed as spam as it was asking for bank account details.

Have just spent 10 mins trying to get through to a human on 191 - only to be cut off when speaking to someone on the other side of the world going on the delay on the line - seriously unimpressed with the customer service.

Chris

Hi doninocdp,

We’ll need to access your account to check everything is working for you, this is why Gemma has asked you to get in touch.

If you try using the link that she’s sent to you on 30 July, making sure that WRT165 is in the subject line, this’ll come through to our team.

Thanks,

Laura

Hi Laura

I did send an email with the subject  WRT 165  -  #7584427 was the number in the reply I got.

The "reply" i got from customer services had no return contact details in it. and as the body of the email was asking for bank details it got treated as spam by my email system and it took a few days for me to see it.

As I posted I then rang 191 to try and follow this up and when finally through the menu system and someone answered they then cut me off.

Chris

Hi Chris,

You'll need to respond with the details requested, we'll be unable to access your account with these.

Thanks, 

Matt B

Hi Matt

I have said with each reply - there were NO contact details in the email - and when I tried ringing the main customer services on 191 I was cut off.

And I don't know why someone from Vodafone cannot phone me rather than keep posting that I must reply without actually giving me any details of how I can reply to the correct team rather than a generic overseas call centre.

I am not sending bank details via email to a generic vodafone email - which at first I did not think was genuine due to it's lack of contact details.

Hi dominocdp,

We already hold the information and it's purely to ensure we're speaking with the account holder and prevent any fraud.

If you don't wish to give your details over an email, respond asking for a call back and a suitable time to be called and we'll call you to discuss the issue.

Thanks, 

Matt B

Hi Matt

As I have stated with every reply on the forum -  If i had contact details to contact the correct team I would have used them by now --  but it also is impossible it seems for someone from vodafone to give out the details that are needed.

Have now replied to the generic email address

At the moment it seems that the only way I will get someone from Vodafone to actually try and call me during office hours is to raise a complaint.

Chris

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi dominocdp,

If you reply to the message you received from us, it'll come through to us and we'll be able to arrange a callback.

There is no email address we can provide.

If you don't have the original link, follow the steps here.

DaveCD