cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down.

jiliccy
1: Seeker

My phone randomly displayed this meesage: "ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down." I don't know what I can do because this just appeared out of nowhere and it seems there's something wrong with the phone now. And it was perfectly working fine earlier today.

I am still under warranty for the next 2 months and I was still using Vodafone UK pay as you go sim. I have moved to Cyprus and I dont know what to do now? Do I have to send the phone to UK to be fixed at Vodafone store? Please help me!

Jelena, Limassol, Cyprus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

sounds odd

may just be a glitch

if the phone is still working you may be able to ignore it but if you are worried

first thing is to download and install the offical microsoft windows phone recovery tool

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/recover-my-phone

and connect your handset to a pc 

this will examine your phone and allow you to re-install the firmware to resotre to an out of box state

Your phones warenty only covers you for repairs within the UK so if it needs any more than that you'd need to either pay to have it looked at in cyprus or return it to the uk to have it looked at

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

SynthFG

sounds odd

may just be a glitch

if the phone is still working you may be able to ignore it but if you are worried

first thing is to download and install the offical microsoft windows phone recovery tool

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/recover-my-phone

and connect your handset to a pc 

this will examine your phone and allow you to re-install the firmware to resotre to an out of box state

Your phones warenty only covers you for repairs within the UK so if it needs any more than that you'd need to either pay to have it looked at in cyprus or return it to the uk to have it looked at

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Yes I tried both Recovery methods but the PC won't recognize the phone in this state. And the phone will only show this message, vibrate to close and reopen with this same message, so there's nothing that I can do it appears.

That error message usually indicates a faulty motherboard.

According to THIS you should have 24 months warranty on your handset and any Nokia Care facility in Cyprus should fix it for you under warranty.