Support:

Nokia

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
blueberry5

Help With Restriction Code Nokia

hi,
i've just bought a nokia 6700 and was wondering if theres anyway i could get it to work on vodafone, the phone is asking for a restirction code??

all help appreciated.... :blush: :mellow:
Message 1 of 3 (6,335 Views)
Rank 47: Master I
AnnS

hi,
i've just bought a nokia 6700 and was wondering if theres anyway i could get it to work on vodafone, the phone is asking for a restirction code??

all help appreciated.... :blush: :mellow:

If your handset is asking for a restriction code, it is locked to an alternative network.

Since its a network unlocking code your will need, you will need an acive SIM card for that network to obtain the code from the network its locked to.

Once the handset is unlocked, you will be able to use your Vodafone SIM. You will need to enter the message and internet settings for Vodafone.
Ann
Message 2 of 3 (6,335 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Adam_V

Hi blueberry5,

Welcome to the eForum :D AnnS is spot on with this the phone is presently locked to a different network, do you know which network the phone originated from? If you can get hold of an active SIM card (doesn't have to be a contract one it can be a Pay-As-You-Go) then you can request the Network Unlocking Code (NUC) and then your phone will work with any network.

And to give you a headstart here's the link from the Nokia website for fetching your settings for Vodafone:

Get Settings Over-The-Air for Nokia 6700 Classic

Chances are when you've unlocked the phone and inserted the Vodafone SIM card you'll automatically get a load of settings sent to you by SMS text so simply follow the instructions.

Any problems feel free to give me a shout!

Thanks,

Adam
eForum Team.
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 3 of 3 (6,335 Views)