Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help please Lumia 520

morksmate
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have somehow managed to change the language on my Nokia Lumia 520 from English to Danish!  I have no idea how I did it and cannot change it back.  I have tried using a Danish to English translator on Google but have no idea where to go in settings to change back.  Can someone please help???!!!

10 REPLIES 10

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Have you gone into settings (indstillinger in Danish) then scroll down to language (sprog) which is 29 on the settings list.

Hi, thanks for answering.  I have managed to do both of those but it is when I go into sprog that I get lost!  Would I be better to do a full reset on the phone?  I can't even remember what I did that changed it!  Thanks for trying to help a technophobe who should know better than to play with something I don't understand lol!

63johnw
Once in sprig there should be a + in a circle next to that it says add language.

Under that is blue writing which says tap and hold for more options.

4th down on the list in that menu is region options.

Tap that and two drop down boxes appear.

The top is country or region

The lower us regional format.

The top one is set to united kingdom and the bottom one to match phone language.

Hi, When I get into sprog and hold on the + (in circle), it doesn't come up with what you say, rather it lists various languages beginning with Afrikaans (there are boxes next to each one and at the bottom 2 other circles with a tick or x - I assume these are yes and no)  English is listed several times in the list e.g. English (Australia) English (Belize), English (Canada) etc. but no English (GB) or English (USA).

I have taken a pic - maybe this will help?

Thanks again, Heather

63johnw
Sorry, don't press the + press and hold the blue writing underneath the +

Hope that makes sense?

Hi,  When I did this, the top showed USA and bottom something in Danish!  I seem to have really messed up (for want of a better word!) and am now totally frustrated.  English (GB) seems to have disappeared from any list that I manage to find.  Would a factory reset take things bank to English do you know - if so, would that be the best option?

Thank you so much for your help, and sorry if I am not too clear

63johnw
One last thing, in the main settings menu, underneath sprog should be region mine is set to Uk, what about yours?

Mine says omrade (area) then USA, Engelsk (USA)

63johnw
Sorry running out of ideas now 😞

A factory reset should take it back to the out of the box state which should allow the language to be reset to English (hopefully)