Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lack of information much?

MissAshleyLou
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I ordered the Nokia Lumia 930 on Tuesday evening (26th May), due to my current phone playing up, and I was due to upgrade anyways. 

I phoned up and spoke to Vodafone, I even made the joke that I was mainly upgrading a month earlier than my contract was going to due end as my iPhone not charging. I ended up speaking 2 different people (not a problem as they sent me to the correct department to get it sorted). I explained again to the girl that I would like the Nokia Lumia 930, and explained my iPhone issue and asked if she could get the system to send any update texts to my mums phone instead (who is also a vodafone customer herself), as I was unsure if my phone would be able to charge again! She took the number, my phone was ordered. 

Very shortly after the conversation, I recieved a text on my phone about the order, so firstly she failed to get the texts sent to my mums number! The first text explained my order had been placed, then the next one I recieved was to tell me the phone was basically not in stock! And they were waiting on the manufacturer! COULD SHE HAVE NOT TOLD ME THIS HERSELF BEFORE I ORDERED IT?! I made it pretty clear I had problems with my current phone, surely she could have picked up on that, talk about poor customer service, looking for an "unstated need" is normally key with it, but even though I stated it she failed to act upon it!

I am really quite annoyed by this! And now finding the same phone on another website, under a Vodafone contract, saying it is in stock there...

Can someone tell me if they would have known it was out of stock or not? 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

We are customers too here but from my experience I do understand the online stock quantities can change quite fast.

So you could get further communication confirming delivery or on the flip side could take any amount of time.

I'm sure they'll be working hard in the background to get you your phone.

Keep checking your texts and or email inbox / spam box or Trash Box for further information.

If I'm asked I do always tend to advise people to upgrade / take out a new contract in the Highstreet stores so their is no waiting in for delivery and you walk out with the phone of choice in most cases.

So it's either wait for further communication or cancel the online upgrade , wait for it to clear which is typically a few days, and upgrade in store (first ringing ahead to ensure they have physical stock) that's if you have a local store near to you etc.

I hope you get your new phone ASAP.

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@MissAshleyLou

When you order an upgrade on your number, any text notifications are automatically sent to the phone number for which is upgrade is ordered.  

This is for all the data protections reasons and to protect your privacy as a customer.   If Vodafone sent the notification to an alternative account holder with details of your order, Vodafone would be in severe breach of data protection.

Stock availability is constantly changing.  At least you received the text to let you know the situation on your order.

If you need the upgrade urgently, you may find a store has stock where it is out of stock online or with telesales where they are waiting for new stock delivery.