Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 1020 won't switch network when roaming

Milzee
4: Newbie

My Lumia 1020 will not pick up a new network when I cross borders in Europe. I regularly travel by car between France, Belgium and Holland for business. Every time I cross the border I get no service. I have to switch my phone off and back on again to get a signal. Then it picks up the network of the country I am in. This is quite a hassle as I stay in a hotel in Belgium but the office is over the border in Holland so I get this twice a day when travelling to and from the office when on a business trip.

This is the first phone I have ever had that does this. All the other phones I have roamed with, including my old Lumia 800 automatically picked up the new network when I crossed borders. Network selection is set to automatic. Is this a "feature" of the Lumia 1020 or is something not working correctly?

2 REPLIES 2

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @Milzee 

It should automatically switch to another network when you move between countries.

Are you able to manually select a different network yourself by manual roaming

Thanks, 

Phil

Hi Phil

Yes I can manually select a network. Also if I switch off and switch back on again it automatically picks up a new network. It just wont automatically pick up a new netwrok if just left switched on.

Thanks

Milzee