cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 520 PAYG - cannot text or make calls.

RippingHairOut
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Since Saturday 7th March 2015 I have had an intermittent service on my Nokia lumia 520.  Today I have basically a completely useless phone that cannot text or make calls and now have discovered will not receive texts.

I am on a PAYG and have a freedom freebee, which has 144 minutes left, unlimited texts and 368 megabytes of date which expires on the 15th March 2015, this I managed to get from Vodafone number 2345, which was slow but worked.

My husband has exactly the same phone on PAYG, his phone works fine, the only thing different with our phones is he has not installed any updates. Now I wish I hadn't..

Is there a fault with Vodafone, My phone, the network what.?? I am going completely crazy trying to fix this and I am about to reset my phone, which will not back up to a PC. Yet another stupid flaw with this phone.

3 REPLIES 3

magenta2204
4: Newbie

Just out of interest, was your update also about messenger+ and or cortana?

My phone installed cortana but was fine, got text about this messenger+ and then the problem started. Coincidence I don't know. 

Hi, I have now fixed my text message and call problem. I went to Vodafone shop and got a new sim, works ok for now...

The update I am talking about is indeed the Cortana one (denim, I think?), my wi-fi connections have not been the same since downloading it, I also did not install the messenger+.  Not sure if this really caused my problem as I said above a new sim has fixed it.  Still my wi-fi will not connect when I am at home.

Not sure if this really helps but updates are a pain. wish you could undo them without a factory reset.

Hi @RippingHairOut 

We were aware of some issues, but this should all be resolved now. 

If not, please follow our troubleshooting steps on our device support page. 

Thanks, 

Amanda