Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 530 - system using a lot of data

magenta2204
4: Newbie

I reset my data allowance yesterday and within 16 hours my data sense says that the system has already used 272mb of data (this is over wi-fi but had it been on my phone data usage I would almost be at my limit already) 

This is also draining my battery. I'm charging the phone and a few hours later the battery has run out. 

Does anyone else have this problem with the system using so much data?  or know how/if I can reduce it doing this without resorting to turning off data and wi-fi which is what I am having to do. 

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

A smartphone updates apps and uses location services in the background.

It also draws on up to date info for weather apps.

Some phones will search out the strongest signal available so if wifi signal drops it'll search for network connection.

I turn off my Mobile Data in my phones settings which is a sure fire way of forcing the phone to stay on wifi.

Look in settings to see if you can manage how apps access data etc.

This shouldn't be draining your battery any faster as that's what the phone is designed to do.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

cineriv
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi Magenta2204,

Try this for the most likely solution

• Tap Settingsmobile+SIM (cellular+SIM), and switch Data roaming options to Don’t roam.

Here are some more data saving tips....... 

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA138377#

Regards,

Mike.