cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 925 WP Hotmail and Mix radio problems.

jjrobson
4: Newbie
I've had my Lumia 925 since September 2013, I've not known it to have any problems (except Vodafone's apparent lack of support as previously noted elsewhere on this forum). However around January this year my Hotmail stopped syncing.

I got in touch with MS in March they advised a factory reset. I made sure everything was backed up (although annoyingly lost some in-app purchases) and cracked on.

On completing this I opened Hotmail and it worked as normal. Unfortunately it only worked the once! I am getting a number of different error codes including 80072EFD.

I don't know if it is actually related, but at about the same time my Mix radio started playing up. If I open a playlist an error message stating the service is unavailable appears. After a pause the music is then played. Any playlists taken offline also need downloading anew every time I close and reopen the app, regardless of the number of days that have passed since they were downloaded or refreshed.

I am looking to continue using WP, likely with the Lumia 930, to that end would these problems be carried across if I transferred all data over to the next device?

Has anyone else had these problems and if so how did you solve them? Ideally I don't want to have to do another factory reset!

My Gmail works absolutely fine
11 REPLIES 11

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

Have you tried using the microsoft recovery tool to do a full reflash of the phone

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

SynthFG

Just an extra addition here, 

Performing a reset on a windows phone device can cause the date to revert to sometime in the past

Its not at first obvious this has happened and it will cause issues with syncing for the email app and the mix radio one 

Simply set the date and time manually in settings and the problem should fix itself

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own