cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lumia 925 WP Hotmail and Mix radio problems.

jjrobson
4: Newbie
I've had my Lumia 925 since September 2013, I've not known it to have any problems (except Vodafone's apparent lack of support as previously noted elsewhere on this forum). However around January this year my Hotmail stopped syncing.

I got in touch with MS in March they advised a factory reset. I made sure everything was backed up (although annoyingly lost some in-app purchases) and cracked on.

On completing this I opened Hotmail and it worked as normal. Unfortunately it only worked the once! I am getting a number of different error codes including 80072EFD.

I don't know if it is actually related, but at about the same time my Mix radio started playing up. If I open a playlist an error message stating the service is unavailable appears. After a pause the music is then played. Any playlists taken offline also need downloading anew every time I close and reopen the app, regardless of the number of days that have passed since they were downloaded or refreshed.

I am looking to continue using WP, likely with the Lumia 930, to that end would these problems be carried across if I transferred all data over to the next device?

Has anyone else had these problems and if so how did you solve them? Ideally I don't want to have to do another factory reset!

My Gmail works absolutely fine
11 REPLIES 11

jjrobson
I also meant to say that I have been using the mobile Hotmail site as a workaround. However this is not a great solution in situations where I don't have access to WiFi and have no data connection available.

Hi @jjrobson

Have you made sure that the phone is on the latest version of Firmware?

Also make sure that your phone is configured correctly by checking –

• Settings -> Mobile Network -> Data Connection is on "On"
  • Settings -> Mobile Network -> 3G connection is on "On"

Cheers,

Laura

jjrobson
Hi @Laura

I've double checked all of the points you mentioned above and can confirm that I am on the latest firmware update and that both my data and 4G are on.

In fact the problem started before the Denim update and before Vodafone gave 4G to all pay monthly customers.

Hope this provides a better steer as to my problem!

Thanks

jjrobson
Can anyone help with this please. It really could do with sorting.

jjrobson
Plus I've tried going in store and I've simply been told to come on here. So some direction either way would be greatly appreciated.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Perhaps it would be an idea to send your phone off to Nokia / Microsoft and have them check it over?  It sounds like a software issue that needs to be addressed. 

PWIAC

jjrobson
I thought that may have to be the way... I was trying to avoid it, but it looks like that is the only thing I can do!

It was MS help that advised me to do the full reset, annoyingly my hotmail managed to sync once straight after, but unable to during any later attempts.

@Laura is there any more advice that Vodafone can provide or has @drey_p given the best course of action?

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @jjrobson

When you factory rest the phone, did you delete/unsync your Hotmail account first?

If not, please try this as when you signed back into the phone, it will have restored everything as it was. This includes whatever’s causing the issues you’re having.

If you did delete the email app first, let me know what email app you’re using and how many email apps you have installed on the phone in total.

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hotmail changed to Outlook, are you using the Outlook app or the older hotmail app?

I'm using the 930 and my old hotmail account sync's perfectly through the Outlook app.

TSD.