26-01-2011 10:39 PM
This is common to many phones, but I don't have many phones. I have set the bluetooth up to pair the N8 to my iMac G5 and I can browse the phone from the computer using the bluetooth link.
When I start iSync, I need to add the phone as a device, so I go to >iSync>Devices>Add Device. The computer searches for devices, and finds my phone in the list, but it displays "iSync cannot connect to this device".
Does anyone know a reliable and sound way of fixing this problem?
I am using OS 10.4.11 and iSync 2.4 (501.2)
28-01-2011 05:22 AM
Hi j0seph and welcome to the eForum
Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with this and appreciate how frustrating this must be for you.
Although I personally don't know how to resolve this, I have managed to find a couple of things for you to try. First of all have a peak at this :-
If that doesn't work then try this :-
Suggested Solution 2
1. Take a complete backup of your phone memory content to memory card.
2. Remove memory card from device
3. Do a restore factory settings of your device, by default password is 12345
4. now connect the device with your macbook and select pcsuite mode
5. Start syncing
6. Next time enter your memory card and try to sync
If neither of these things work then hopefully some of our eForum members have a little more experience with this and will be able to suggest some other things for you to try
Let me know how you get on!