Support:

Nokia

Ask a question:
Rank 5: Regular Poster
sandic89

Nokia 5800 Faulty Casing

Save your money. The phone comes with a case.

Ah right i see.Thank You Didnt realise this wen i ordered it.

Well in any case hope u get ur problem resolved.
:blush:
Message 21 of 31 (3,709 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
paperflowers

Nokia 5800 Faulty Casing

Hey everyone :)

Just to let you know I've received a replacement 5800 from Nokia and it has no gap at all, completely secure. :D
Message 22 of 31 (3,709 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
Draxx

Nokia 5800 Faulty Casing

Hey everyone :)

Just to let you know I've received a replacement 5800 from Nokia and it has no gap at all, completely secure. :D

Hopefully these ones get passed onto Vodafone
Message 23 of 31 (3,709 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
taffrey

Nokia 5800 Faulty Casing

I have spoken to Nokia and they have confirmed that this is a known issue with the 5800 and they have designed a new top casing that they will repair at their service centre under the warranty for free.
Message 24 of 31 (3,709 Views)
Draxx

Nokia 5800 Faulty Casing

Voda mods, can you confirm this?
Message 25 of 31 (3,709 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
MattyD1

Nokia 5800 Faulty Casing

Hi Draxx

Thanks for the new post :)

I know that it's a pain having an issue like this with the 5800.

At the moment I can't tell you if what taffrey has said is the same across all Nokia repair centres.

I'd advise giving them a call to double check this in case it taffrey just got lucky and had it done for free.

Please let us know how you get on.

Many Thanks

MattyD

eForum team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 26 of 31 (3,709 Views)
ColinTaylor

Nokia 5800 Faulty Casing

Has anyone got their phone back from repair on this issue. Has it solved the problem.

Well, after 15 days, I've just got my phone back from being "repaired" (at Vodafone) and it's exactly the same!

So it's just been a big waste of time and effort. Thanks for nothing Vodafone!
Message 27 of 31 (3,709 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Reidar

Nokia 5800 Faulty Casing

Hi Colin

It's unfortunate that the repair hasn't resolved the issue; I can see you're understandably frustrated. We'll have to look and see if there's anything further that can be done, I'm sending you an email which should be with you today, as soon as you receive it please reply with the requested information.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team
Message 28 of 31 (3,709 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
ed1su

Nokia 5800 Faulty Casing

Hi

I had the phone since March, just notice past few days that the gap appearing, it's not a problem yet, do I do anything about it or just ignore it.

Just after some advice.

Thanks
Ed1su

Hi Colin

It's unfortunate that the repair hasn't resolved the issue; I can see you're understandably frustrated. We'll have to look and see if there's anything further that can be done, I'm sending you an email which should be with you today, as soon as you receive it please reply with the requested information.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team
Message 29 of 31 (3,709 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Nokia 5800 Faulty Casing

Hi Ed1su,

As Nokia have recognised the gap as an issue, and to prevent you having any problems as a result, I would urge you to take advantage of the warranty and get the casing replaced sooner rather than risk any complications. Our warranty repairs thread will give you all the information you need when it comes to where you should go, what to back up and what you are covered for :)

I'm over the moon that Nokia have found a fix for this and it's great news to hear some of you have already been sorted!
For that added protection, it's always a good idea to have your phone insured as well, especially something as expensive to buy sim free as the 5800. Cover Me Insurance works out as little as 23p per day, cheaper than a newspaper and a darn sight less than buying a replacement one if like me your labrador thinks your Blackberry is a stylish new chew toy :rolleyes:

Cheers, Ben

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 30 of 31 (3,709 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
ed1su

Nokia 5800 Faulty Casing

Hi Ben

Thanks for the advise, I will send it away to be fixed.

Shafeeq

Hi Ed1su,

As Nokia have recognised the gap as an issue, and to prevent you having any problems as a result, I would urge you to take advantage of the warranty and get the casing replaced sooner rather than risk any complications. Our warranty repairs thread will give you all the information you need when it comes to where you should go, what to back up and what you are covered for :)

I'm over the moon that Nokia have found a fix for this and it's great news to hear some of you have already been sorted!
For that added protection, it's always a good idea to have your phone insured as well, especially something as expensive to buy sim free as the 5800. Cover Me Insurance works out as little as 23p per day, cheaper than a newspaper and a darn sight less than buying a replacement one if like me your labrador thinks your Blackberry is a stylish new chew toy :rolleyes:

Cheers, Ben

eForum Team
Message 31 of 31 (3,709 Views)