Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia 925,invalid sim

zantebob
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,have just brought a nokia 925 only to find on turning it on, No sim,sim card invalid,not working! only bought it yesterday,have tried it in other phones and its fine,looking online it seems this is not an isolated incident and happens quite frequently,if there is anyone out there who can help me with this would be more than grateful,or even point me in a better direction.many thanks to any and all that help me in this.

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @zantebob 

Where did you get the phone ?

You usually get this message when the phone is locked to an alternative network. If this is the case, you will need to get the phone unlocked from the network it is locked to.

Make sure the SIM is inserted correctly and pushed all the way in. 

thanks for your reponse,i brought the phone of ebay and everything he/she described phone as was spot on,it was allready locked to vodafone,i brought a £10 payg, was told,it would activate within 10 hrs,Have yet to try  Nokia`s home page,failing that will have to purchase an unlock code.once again thankyou

AnnS

Hi @zantebob 

If the phone is locked to Vodafone, there is no reason for the phone to reject your Vodafone PAYG SIM.

Are you sure the phone is locked to Vodafone and not an alternative network?

Futher info below.

Getting started on Pay as you go