Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Denim update

JasonHendry5
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

just wondering if anyone knows if well see this Denim update before christmas or will it be 2015 for the lumia 930.  On the app store i have music app that says it needs update and isnt installing, im hoping the denim update fixes this.

24 REPLIES 24

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Vodafone won't comment on when Firmware will be released and the reasons why are covered in the Firmware FAQs here.

However, looking online, there seems to be a wide range of release dates varying from the end of this year to early 2015.  There doesn't seem to be a specific date at the moment.

PWIAC

im new to the win phone, im coming from the iphone eco and update system there was very fast lol, but i still wouldnt go back.

The Denim update has started rolling out in the UK... I got it on my Lumia 930 this morning.

You also appear to get something called 'Message+' which takes the normal 'Message' (SMS) service and adds Chat to it. The App appears to have been written by Microsoft, but is actually for the Vodafone Message+ (RCS) service. More details here: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/message

There are versions available for Android and iOS, but no official mention of the WindowsPhone version on the above link. Even if you decide not to use it, don't uninstall it as it does not appear the be in the WindowsPhone store, so you won't  be able to get it back if you change your mind later.

The service is now available on 3 platforms, but appears to be for Vodafone customers only, so I'm struggling to see why anyone should use it in preference to, say, WhatsApp. Maybe time will tell...

So if the microsoft website is showing Denim being available in UK on Vodafone on my 1520, why no update available, another communication error?

https://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-euro...

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

Are you sure you have a voda handset rather than a ukcv

if you bought direct from voda then you should have a voda branded handset and the update should be available to you

if you bought through CPWH or similar 3rd party then you may have a UKCV handset for which the update is not yet available

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Hi SynthFG,

It is not a voafone handset, purchased 3rd party - got to say Microsoft and Vodafone don't make it clear this makes me a 2nd class 1520 owner.

Any idea how long the wait will be?

I notice Microsoft weren't slow with the advertising for the Denim update - started getting messages in the middle of last year, about 20 minutes after the Cyan update (Cyan came through 2 months after announcement).

SynthFG

To start with Voda are not responsable for what a 3rd party told you

Usually the unbranded CV's get updates before the carrier branding, but voda appear unusually on the ball for this roll out and have several handsets updated to denim before it's available for the CV's

If the voda handsets have the update then its a fair guess it will be a matter of a few weeks at most before the CV's get them but then I've never seen a roll out as strange as this one

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

There appear to be loads of Lumia Denim adverts starting to appear all over the web ... so I am wondering if Vodafone are behind in thier roll out of Denim ..

I have a Lumia 925 and wonder how long I am going to have to wait.??

What always amazes me is why Vodafone can't share any date with us? .. why can't they just say in the next few weeks? not before x? or planned to be by x? ..

poor customer service me thinks

SynthFG

As said voda generally apear to be ahead of the curve on the Denim update with many voda branded handsets recieving the update before the UKCV equivalents (waving by rather than testing perhaps) 

Anyway if your handset does not have denim yet the reason is almost certainly miocrosoft rather than voda related 

sigbar.png