You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster

Nokia E71 - Software Update

I've just spent a frustrating 3 hours trying to update the software on my Nokia E71 including uninstalling and re-installing Software Updater (i'm now on v2.6.6) and the phone apparently losing connection to the PC 3/4 of the way through the final update (even tho I was connected by USB direct to the PC and phone all the time) ..

My current software version is 100.07.76 ..

My question is - even though my phone was purchased direct from the Nokia shop - as VF are my service provider, is there some conflict between 'allowed' software updates ie will VF not allow me to update to the latest version?

Sorry this is a bit rambling but it's late and I'm all Nokia'd out!

DQ
Message 1 of 2 (1,919 Views)
Moderator (Retired)

Nokia E71 - Software Update

Hi dq99,

A good question, as the phone is not coded as Vodafone handset, this could be the issue, my suggestion is to look on the Nokia Website, this will give you the correct download, if one is available.

I am pretty sure this will resolve your issue, if you need anything else let me know.

Thanks

Matt
eForum Team

PS Just a reminder, the forum will be read only from 10pm Tuesday until we launch our all new platform at the beginning of December. For more information, see this link.
Message 2 of 2 (1,919 Views)