Support:

Nokia

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
trotter2k

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 MMS problem

I am having the same problems where i can not send mms and i bought my phone just last week, i have tried every thing stated here except using a new sim card and the "Network Setup" does not exsist. you ever thought about putting a rollback update out to revert the new update like in Windows where you can roll back a driver or uninstall a update!

OS Version is 8.0.10328.78

Firmware revirsion number:  3046.0000.1329.2005

Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0

Message 41 of 51 (3,889 Views)
Tech Team
Tech Team
Kay

Hi trotter2k, 

Thanks for supplying this information. 

We need to check your account first, if this is set up correctly we can feed this back and get it looked into. 

Take a look here for how to get in touch.

Thanks, 

Kay

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 42 of 51 (3,830 Views)
Kerry1984

I have not been able to send or receive mms since the last system update. Spoke to CS earlier who told me to text WEB to a number to receive settings again but still not working.... Has a sure fire solution been found??
Message 43 of 51 (3,812 Views)
Yazz

Hi. I have a new Nokia 520 and did not have internet or MMS working. None of the solutions on this thread fixed my problem - texting 'web' didn't do anything, there was no APN button, no settings ap in the Nokia Collection ap store... Then I found this Microsoft thread, and the solution worked for me: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/winphone/forum/wp8-wpnetwork/apn-is-missing-in-the-phone-settings...

Go to Settings > Access Point

Click on the appropriate Vodafone button

That's it!

Message 44 of 51 (3,749 Views)
svfinn

I'm having the same problem. I rang Vodafone, the first person I spoke to was rude and useless, she said she sent me an instructional email but 4 hours later I'm still waiting for it to come through. The second person I spoke to was pleasant; he talked me through checking all of the above suggestions i.e. turning the phone on and off, checking my APN settings (which it seems you can't actually do on a Nokia Lumia 520), going to the Nokia Store and chosing Nework something or another under the Nokia Collection (also doesn't exist).  

After 25 minutes he told me the problem is that I get variable 3G signal both at work and at home where I've been trying to view the media content messages. He then had to go to a meeting so ended the call.  Strangely all of a sudden 2 or the 3 MMS I had been sent are viewable. One of them still seems to be struggling to come through but no-one seems to be getting my picture messages.  What a shame Vodafone are charging me for a service I don't actually receive.  

Perhaps check your 3G coverage before contacting them.

Message 45 of 51 (3,716 Views)
Tech Team
Sukhi

Hi svfinn

I'm sorry to see you've had some trouble sending MMS. As you have been able to view a couple it means there isn't an issue with the phone or settings.

Can you try sending them in a different location? If you're having signal/network issues please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

Thanks
Sukhi

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 46 of 51 (3,676 Views)
Moll_59

Hello I have noticed that most of you have had the same problem as me, you get the 'getting content' message...

I have found the reason why you might not be recieving pictures. If your like me you might have turned data connection off so you don't use up your data when you go out,to get pictures from people you need to turn this on.

you can do this by going to settings on your phone - mobile network- then turn data connection on. if you ask a friend to then send you a picture and click on the link it should then work. hope this helps

- Molly Hopkins

Message 47 of 51 (2,511 Views)
Cookee101

Exactly the same phone and settings and problems - the account is all verified twice by the shop Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 48 of 51 (2,108 Views)
Cookee101

Exactly the same phone and settings and problems as trotter - the account is all verified twice by the shop Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 49 of 51 (2,107 Views)
Administrator
Matt

Hi,

Apologies, we seem to have missed your post.

Did you get this sorted? Let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Matt

I’m the eForum Moderator and my job is to read and log new posts. I make sure everyone follows the house rules and unlike my other Tech Team colleagues, I don’t answer all posts. Please note, I’m unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the Thanks button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘Is this the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 50 of 51 (226 Views)
Cookee101

Yes, got it sorted and the phone has just stopped receiving picture messages again.

This forum is a bit useless for sorting out issues isn't it?

Regards,

John

Message 51 of 51 (222 Views)