Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 520 nothing heard when message left on voicemail

june54
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've had a Nokia Lumia 520 on contract for over 18 months and have been pleased with it.  Recently, but not all the time, when someone leaves me a voicemail and I go to listen to my new messages it seems as if the message has been left but I can't hear anything at all.  At the end of what I assume was the message I am asked the usual questions ie call back, listen again, save, delete...  When this has happened my husband has called my number and left a message and this comes through okay.  I have 'missed' two very important messages because although the people concerned said they left a message and I was notified of a voicemail, nothing was heard.   I'm not really sure why this is happening and wonder if someone could help me please?

6 REPLIES 6

hrym
17: Community Champion

Is it always the same people or different ones?   It's possible the problem is at the sending rather than the receiving end and the fact that your husband can leave a clear message rather suggests this.

Even if you can't hear the message, it should be possible to get the number and call back.

Retired-Ian_
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Jun-54,

hrym has asked some great questions.

I'd be grateful If you can get some friends or family members to call and leave a voicemail and then post back.

Thanks,

Ian

Hi thanks for the replies.  The last two 'blank' messages were from different people but I will get others to ring and leave a message and check if any of those are also 'blank' and get back to you.  I was comtemplating getting my husband the same phone as he wants to change to Vodafone and this is the only thing that stops me doing it at the moment.

hrym

As voicemail is a network service, the make of phone shouldn't affect how it works.   It might be worth toggling it off and back on again.   Dial 1210 to turn it off and 1211 to turn it back on again.   It's a bit of a long shot, but worth a go.

Just tried turning the voicemail off and then on again to see if things change as I had another blank message left from another friend.  

Retired-Kay
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi june54, 

We need to try your SIM in a different phone to see if the issue still happens. We'll then know if it's a phone issue or not. 

If you don't have a spare phone to try your SIM in, a Vodafone store will be more than happy to help further. 

Thanks, 

Kay