Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 630 Denim / Cortana update

a904lea
4: Newbie
My wife's Nokia 520 has been updated to Denim firmware with Cortana but I've not received it on my Lumia 630. When will it be available?
7 REPLIES 7

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi, Vodafone don't give dates for when updates are available just in case something goes wrong and they can't roll it out. Keep an eye on the blog for information.

http://blog.vodafone.co.uk

SynthFG
Community Champion (Retired)

Acording to Microsoft the Voda version of the 630 should be able to upgrade to denim

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/availability-in-europ...

The CV however is still on Cyan

Did you buy direct from voda or through a 3rd party such as CPWH

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

My wife's 520 was direct from Vodafone but my 630 was purchased via Carphone Warehouse as they offered me a better deal. Both handsets are on Vodafone contract.

SynthFG

Your handset however will be a UKCV (uk country variant) as CP source handsets direct from Microsoft rather than from the networks

Voda have no control over these 

usually the CV's get updates before the network branded ones, however for this roll out it's a bit all over the place

You will have to wait until microsoft roll out the UKCV version, shouldn't be too long if the rest are out

You do have the advantage that you won't have the message+ app forced down your throat however

sigbar.png

Note I do not work for voda, My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

That makes sense, my 630 has received updates before my wife's 520 in the past which is why I was querying why I hadn't received the Denim upgrade. It also explains why my phone doesn't have a Vodafone logo splash screen at start-up. Does that mean my handset is unlocked to all networks too? Strange that Vodafone are releasing Denim on the 630 ahead of Microsoft, but it can't be far away now - can it? Thanks for your help.

SynthFG

Your handset should be unlocked for all networks, 

It's only iPhones that lock themselves to the first carrier they are synced with 

sigbar.png

The County Variant firmware for the Lumia 630 has updated to Denim 8.10.14234.375 today :Smiling:

Chuffed to have Cortana on my phone at last.