You are here:
Ask a question:
Zip
Rank 1: Guest
Zip

Nokia Lumia 920 and Windows 8 problem

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I got my new nokia lumia 920 today and the phone itself works fine but I can't get any connectivity with windows 8

On my laptop I have windows 8 64 bit and it won't install any drivers for the phone, device manger just shows:

rm-821|nokia lumia 920

On my desktop pc I have windows 8 32 bit, it it shows it as a windows phone, but that's as far as I get

Neither will work with nokia suite as it says the phone is not in pc suite mode, tried blue tooth as well, the phone detects the desktop pc but won't allow access to the phone

Any suggestions? as I have a backup from my old nokia n8 and need to copy the contacts and if possible messages as well

Message 1 of 9 (3,559 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Llama

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 and Windows 8 problem

Hi Zip,

I've not had any problems at all linking mine to a PC but I don't have windows 8 32 bit to hand, all the systems I'm round are 64. Sorry, I'd help more if I could. I'll test mine on a 32 bit sys as sooon as I can.

I've got a few seperate problems with mine though in this thread. Just out of interest, can you turn your phone off whilst it's charging? Mine appears to be scared of the dark, it just powers it's self back up. :smileyhappy:

Message 2 of 9 (3,534 Views)
Zip
Zip

I turn it off to charge, but still swtiches back on

can't copy things across to it seeing as it's not detected(ie to create ringtones etc), goignt  otry and remove the 64 bit and try a clean install, but even then nokia suite won't work, and the windows phone app only alows a certain amount, but that doesn't detect the phone either

Message 3 of 9 (3,532 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
Llama

I haven't tried connecting using any nokia connect software, I just plugged the phone in, it installed the drivers and then I can access the phones memory like a removeable drive called 'windows phone' in file manager, explorer, my computer etc...

Didn't need any software at all.

Message 4 of 9 (3,528 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Hi Zip, 

I've done a bit of digging on this and come up with the Windows Phone App for Desktop.

Can you give this a try and let me know how you get on?

Paul 

Message 5 of 9 (3,521 Views)
Zip
Zip

Hi Paul,

I've tried that, won't detect the phone

Message 6 of 9 (3,512 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
PaulE

Hi again Zip, 

Have you got the latest version of Zune installed? If you have and it's still not working I'd recommend contacting Microsoft/Nokia directly as they may have a fix for this that we're unaware of

Paul 

Message 7 of 9 (3,479 Views)
PaulKitchener

Hey, Liama.... LOL - Scared of the dark.  Be rest assured I’ve had 3 different Windows Phones over the last 2.5 years and all have refused to turn off while charging.  That ones a feature not a Bug.... :-)

Message 8 of 9 (3,246 Views)
Zip
Zip

[ Edited ]

Zune doesn't work with the lumia 920

I reinstalled windows and it now detects it as a windows phone, without any additional software

Message 9 of 9 (3,228 Views)