cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 925 Charging / Battery Problem?

snorri788
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

So my 925 died yesterday despite the full battery and now it won't charge. It is totally dead, and if I plug it into a charger i get the carrier splash screen then the battery icon on the screen for a few seconds and then it disappears.

I have tried a soft reset multiple times , and I tried a hard reset once and got the ! screen but it didn't take the 4 button code and now despite my trying I can't get to the ! screen again.

I left it on charge in my hotel room last night for about 12 hours to no avail. Any solutions?

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

If no Pc suite helps then you could seek assistance from a Nokia Repair Centre.

Or speak to their UK support site.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/care-point/

Some Carfone Warehouse stores had repair centres in them from memory.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Unf I'm away on business and theres nothing apart from a vodafone shop nearby.

BandOfBrothers
Ah

I assume you don't have a spare phone until you return home.

You may need to acquire a cheap unlocked to all networks phone to use your SIM card in until your return.

The Vodafone store may be able to help too so it's worth a shot visiting.

Current Phone  >

thesoupdragon

Apparently The Lumia 925 suffers from bad USB connection issues which can cause irrating charging behaviour. Such as false battery level indication as well as not taking a charge.

I believe the 925 have wireless charging capabillities, so if you have access to one you could try that?

Otherwise I agree, the phone needs to go away for repair asap.

If I plug in the cable while holding the VOLUME UP button then I get a cog & bolt symbol on the screen. What does this mean? Would taking the sim out help?

I'm going back home in the next few days so buying a temp phone is a bit of a waste for me.

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Their seems to be quite a few posts across various forums on the cog and lightening bolt icons.

Seems to indicate the phone is unresponsive Or has stopped working correctly.

I know you've said you have tried various resets.

Can I ask have you tried.

Try this Reset : Press Power + Volume(down) keys until the phone vibrates (about 8-10 seconds). See if it switches ON .

Current Phone  >

Yes I have tried that before. The phone vibrates, shows the vodafone splash screen and then the battery icon with flashing power plug symbol.

BandOfBrothers
Ah 😕

Worth asking.

Maybe try a chat with https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/contact/

Current Phone  >

thesoupdragon
I've had another look around, some people are saying to keep trying the soft reset 2-3 times (one after another) sometimes as many as 6 times in a row, eventually it kicks in and springs the phone back to life.

(Soft reset: hold volume down + power for 2-3 seconds)