Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia Lumia 925

AHamilton
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I have had a Nokia 925 for over a year now & had it replaced three times because the data/call connections would drop.  The call dropping is still happening & if I bring it back to the Vodafone store, what would be the next step on sorting this.

Thanks

Tony

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi Tony,

Vodaphone would send it away for repair / diagnostic to their Repair Centres.

You could go through the Manufacturer -> http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/support/care-point/#

Have you considered a sim swap just in case it's your sim failing. Any Vodaphone HighStreet Store can do this for you. Take Photo ID to prove your identity or speak to Customer Services via 191 or Live Chat from a PC / Mac via the Contact us link at the foot of the forum to ask for a new sim to be posted and you perform the sim swap yourself via http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/benefits/sim-swap/index.htm when you have received the replacement SIM card.

Try your Sim in another phone as elimination to rule out the phone or SIM card that may be at fault. Try another Sim Card in your phone , ie a Payg or friends / colleagues Vodaphone to see if theirs work ok.

I hope this resolves for you soon.

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi bandofbrothers1,

Thanks for the reply.  I have Sim swaps so may times and brought the replaced handsets back to Vodafone that much I don't think the staff in the shop don't believe me.  The phone comes back from the repair shop saying there was no fault.  I have unlocked the phone through Vodafone and brought a Sim from 3, the calls still drop & used it in New York within the past month & the calls were dropping there also.  A guy in the Vodafone shop in Belfast said to me & I quote 'I hope you are not doing this just to get a different phone'.  I contacted Vodafone & lodged a compliant, but never heard anything back from that.

So that's why I'am posting in the forum to see what are my options are & to get a working phone.  I have had to purchase another phone too, because my Nokia is just not fit for daily use.

Tony

BandOfBrothers
Hi

You're very welcome.

I can fully understand why you have lost faith in the handset you currently own.

It's reasonable to expect the handset to perform for the purpose it was intended as explained in the a Sales of Goods Act.

I've known Networks agree to a handset make and model change but is very much Network dependant and each case dealt with on its own merits.

No one would have been happy with that type of off the cuff comment from an employee.

I hope you gain a reasonable satisfactory reasonable outcome by escalating the situation with Vodaphone Customer services

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi bandofborthers1,

Thanks again for the reply.

I'm hoping someone from Vodafone see this & hopefully they can help me, because i'm getting nowhere.

Looks like I'll just wait and see what happens on this forum.  If nothing happens, I'll just go back down to the shop again.

Tony

Hi @AHamilton

It's disappointing to hear that's happened. 

I've sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into this further.

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi @sarah,

I filled in the forms but still no one has contacted me. Can you escalate this please.

Thanks

Tony