You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Jaffacak3

Nokia N8 Not Receiving Text Messages

OK it is 6:47 PM 18/02/11 I haven't received any text messages since 12:47 AM 17/02/11.

I can make and receive phone calls and I can send texts but cannot receive them. My friend sat beside me today and sent me a text saying Hi. The message sent and he received a delivery report saying the message had been delivered however I did not receive the message. I have checked that he has the correct number, I have restarted my phone multiple times with and without the sim card but no change. Has anyone had this problem? I have had this phone since 24/12/10 it has been dropped twice but nothing recently and not from any great height, any information would be amazing.

Message 1 of 12 (7,017 Views)
Administrator
Matt

Re: Nokia N8 Not Receiving Text Messages

Hi Jaffacak3

Welcome to the eForum, its good to see new faces :smileyhappy:

Is this just happening on one number or on all texts your trying to receive?

I have sent you an email so we can take a look at your account.

Thanks

Matt

eForum Team

Message 2 of 12 (6,962 Views)
Jaffacak3

All numbers unfortunately. I put my sim card into my old phone and received text messages fine. The only thing that comes to mind is my phone had updates which I installed about 10 AM on Thursday morning but I'm not totally sure why or how that would affect the phones ability to receive text messages.

I apologize but I have a habit of automatically deleting junk mail so I'm not sure if I received your email or not.

Thanks

Lisa

Message 3 of 12 (6,939 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
SynthFG

Mesages,

Options Setings

Text Messages

Message Centre in use should be VODAFONE

Prefered connection GSM/3G

If you tap on message centres,

select the VODAFONE centre

number should be +447785016005

Note I do not work for voda, Nor now am I a customer
My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own
Message 4 of 12 (6,892 Views)
simboarder

Exactly the same issue with my N8 since last Friday. No recieved text messages. Sending texts are recieved by others and calls all o.k. Browsing by 3/3.5G and everything else working fine but no texts coming in - Many sent from others. I have had the phone since October without issue and the last device update was carried out on the 11th all working o.k. until last Friday the 18th.

A call to 191 say that my Sim Card is too old for 3.5G services affecting the incoming texts!!!!

I can't see it as all 3.5G indicators on the phone are working fine. I have checked the message centre number and settings are all good.

Having seen the same symptoms for this post though I would reply and will do so when my new sim turns up this next day or so.

Message 5 of 12 (6,801 Views)
xxkazziexx

Both me AND my parter have not been receiving texts messages since 14th FEB!! ridiculous!! all of our settings are correct, phones have been restarted numerous occasions with sims being removed etc but it still refuses to work! what's going on!???!!

Message 6 of 12 (6,666 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Guys,

To help us identify what is causing this issue for you all please can you confirm if you have installed any update recently?

Also please can you try a SIM that you know works in your phone, does the issue continue?

If it doesn't continue then it is to do with your SIM/Account

If it does continue then its the handset, in which case please post us the version of software that you are running; 

The software and variant version can be extracted using:
 - In the menu: Menu > Settings > phone > phone management > Device updates > "Custom Version"
 - Via the following extraction code: *#0000# under "Custom Version"  

James

eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 7 of 12 (6,622 Views)
scooby4878

I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one with this problem.

All was working fine up to last week (a few days after a software update 013.016.210.08) really getting fed up with this now.

Please can somebody tell me how to resolve this

Message 8 of 12 (6,561 Views)
scooby4878

fixed it,,,,,,,,

Removed sim card from phone, and then reset phone to factory settings (could not get it to do it with sim inserted)

after a few minutes, hey presto i'm now receiving text messages

Message 9 of 12 (6,536 Views)
jerma88

I found this answer on another forum and it works!! the previous solution did not work for me.

"I had the same! After update pr1.1 I couldn't receive textmessages. With help from tweakersnet i came to this solution; take out simmcard from your n8; replace it in any other phone, wait till all text messages are received. Then put simmcard back in your n8, and problem is solved! Maybe you need a reset with an 8 seconds powerbutton push in but that i know not for sure!

Greets from the Netherlands to all!"

Message 10 of 12 (6,077 Views)
mac1431

Re: Nokia Not Receiving Text Messages

Same here, can send texts and make calls & receive incoming calls, but cannot receive incoming texts from anyone. Haven't dropped phone or anything. On PAYG scheme.

Message 11 of 12 (5,705 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
BenJ

Re: Nokia Not Receiving Text Messages

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys

Can you let me know if you have tried the above advice and have put your SIM in a different phone to receive your messages? Could you let me know if this hasn't fixed this issue?

Thanks

BenJ
eForum Team

Message 12 of 12 (5,683 Views)