You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
nappleton

Nokia N900 latest firmware :0)

Helloooooooooo :0)

I am just about to lovingly hand over my nokia n900 to my hubby as my contacts up and i am getting a brand new samsung galaxy s2 :0)

I just wondered if its the most upto date firmware wise as it can be. I know vodafone used to be well behind the nokia released firmware although it does occur to me now its out of warranty he could flash it and put nokia thingy on it so he can get the updates directly from there now :0)

its showing in the settings as being this version: 20.2010.36-2.205.1

are there any newer updates via nokia or is this it :0)

Message 1 of 6 (2,197 Views)
Rank 34: Scholar III
SynthFG

Re: Nokia N900 latest firmware :0)

Firmware on the N900 is a bit trickier than wth other phones

Whilst voda have there prefered version, there are all kinds of Maemo variants that can be flashed to the phone using the official tools,

It's also quite popular for N900 owners to flash a dual boot of the newer Meego os to the phone,

i've even seen examples of this handset flashed with Android and working quite well,

if the updater is offering nothing newer then you probably have the last official voda release, but then voda stopped supporting this handset a long while ago,

Note I do not work for voda, Nor now am I a customer
My advice comes from experience and my opinions are my own

Message 2 of 6 (2,174 Views)
Sticky_Mick

Latest official Nokia firmware for the N900 is 20.2010.36-x

x = depending on whether you flash the Vodafone firmware or the generic Nokia release. As always you can find everything you need to know, including the software and O/S images by following the links at bottom right of this page: Maemo.org Tablet firmware.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
Once in a while I drift in time. To a place in my memory where it still hurts to find
I was takin' on the World with a see through smile. But dyin' on the inside all the while
I was dyin' on the inside all the while.
Message 3 of 6 (2,161 Views)
Johnmcl7

There's been no new firmware for a long time so I'd be surprised if it wasn't on the newest firmware and looking at your version number it looks like it is.

John
Knowledge is power, guard it well
Message 4 of 6 (2,037 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II
hooker1uk

You could always put Meego 1.3 community release on the phone for the n9 experience
Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk (twitter and Molome)

Current devices: Sony Xperia Miro*, Vodafone Smart Mini, Nokia 3510i, Samsung Galaxy S2, Galaxy Tab iii Kids, iPad2, Huawei Ascend g300, Alcatel OT903 Rooted*

*awaiting minor repairs
Message 5 of 6 (1,996 Views)
Rank 13: Guide II
hooker1uk

[ Edited ]
Instructions to install meego to the n900 here http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900#Installing_and_running
To install to an mmc card for dual booting to maemo and meego http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Install/MMC

Hope that helps.
Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk (twitter and Molome)

Current devices: Sony Xperia Miro*, Vodafone Smart Mini, Nokia 3510i, Samsung Galaxy S2, Galaxy Tab iii Kids, iPad2, Huawei Ascend g300, Alcatel OT903 Rooted*

*awaiting minor repairs
Message 6 of 6 (1,986 Views)