You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
shizzy

Nokia N97 - Received A Refurbished Model

just looking at "n97 signal problem getting worse" thread, one of the customers was in a 18 month contract gets a n900 unless he/she got a n97 9 months before they were released his/hers situation wasn't a due an upgrade. how can you work out who you offer these n900's to? Are you only allowed to sort a few people out a month. at this rate i will be swapping networks just out of principle and i'll be taking my other numbers with me. on the plus side t-mobile have some good offers on at the moment.
Message 21 of 31 (2,959 Views)
Rank 6: Frequent Poster
dodge69

The standard repair process doesnt actually test the operation of the mass memory. This is why the N97 I received (which was 6 months old - not 7 days!) still had photos and videos from the previous owner. In this particular case the mass memory was write protected and hence could not be erased or new info written to it. Since the repair check list is supplied with the repaired phone I can say that the testing performed at the repair centre is inadequate. Hopefully things have improved.

I seem to recall that the GPS, Mass memory, FM transmitter, Camera, Wifi etc were not tested at repair. The only things that were tested were screen, keys, make a test call, fit new bezel, check for scratches, etc...i.e. all the techie bits were not tested - only the basics are covered.

I was asured that everything is deleted of the phone when it is repaired when I complained that someone else will now get my phone as a referb and it had a lot of my prsonal inforamtion on it.
Even when I said there is a lot of people on the Blackbury forum saying they where geting referbed Stroms with other peoples data on them and I managed to get the previous owners photos back on my N97 within 10 minutes of pluging it into a computer in mass storge mode I was still asured there was no way anyone will have acces to the data on my old phone.
Now that phones are getting so advanced if they are going to be randomly swaped between customers they need to have the mass memory destroyed and replaced like a referbed computer would.

The test sheet that came with my referb had a tick next to latest firmware check even though it was on V12 when the latest was V20 and cross next to the keypad check.

(quotes edited to parts relevent to my expirence)
No point trying to ring me. I have an N97!
N97 would have been great if it worked.
Message 22 of 31 (2,959 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andrew_V

Hi tom1313,

I can fully appreciate that this seems unfair and on the other hand confusing as to why some Nokia N97 users are able to swap their handset's to the N900's.

I assure you it is not the case where we are only allowed to resolve X amount of customers issues per month in changing their handset, it is all done on an individual basis as it has been mentioned earlier in this thread.

As this is the case, I have sent an email over to your registered account so we can take a look and see if there are further options available to us other than the repair which had also been mentioned.

I am sorry this has led to such a frustrating situation but we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Many thanks

Andrew
eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 23 of 31 (2,959 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
Hammy

Two questions:

1. I got my N97 via DialAPhone (Phone4U), who provides maintanance cover on my phone ? Vodafone and/or Nokia ?

2. If Vodafone, can I insist on a repair and return of my phone and not get a refurbished phone ?
--
HammY
Message 24 of 31 (2,959 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi Hammy

As you got your phone from a 3rd party the warranty and repairs will be via them and/or the manufacturer.

If this was with us you would have a normal repair and is very rare that an exchange will be done straight away.

James
eForum Team

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 25 of 31 (2,959 Views)
shizzy

i've replied to email
Message 26 of 31 (2,959 Views)
shizzy

well my relief of finally getting to talk to someone was short lived. i received an email saying all i can do i send my phone off repair. so i thought i would try put everything in one place for one last atttempt of trying to sort this out.

my original phone was sent for repair 3 times and on the 3rd time i received a reburbished one.
why would i want a 2nd hand phone. refurbished phone is still in box it came in and i dont plan on using it, any one could of had that phone and done anything with it.

why haven't i been offered on anything other than a 2nd hand phone of which i wasnt offered it was just sent to me.

why have other people been offered n900 when there situation is the same as mine, its on this forum stating they had a 18 contract which would of started 9 months ago with similar problems as my own
yet they get offered better solutions than myself.

i would just like some clear answers rather than the usual replies.
Message 27 of 31 (2,959 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Lee

Hi tom1313,

We've taken a further look at your account and and there is only one other option.

I''ve arranged a callback for you for tomorrow.

Cheers,

LeeH
eForum Team
Message 28 of 31 (2,959 Views)
Rank 4: Established Poster
Hammy

Hi Hammy

As you got your phone from a 3rd party the warranty and repairs will be via them and/or the manufacturer.

If this was with us you would have a normal repair and is very rare that an exchange will be done straight away.

James
eForum Team

I find this odd. I have never paid any money to any '3rd party'. I pay monthly DD to VF for a VF branded phone on a VF plan.

So ? ...am I on a VF contract ?, or is my contract with Dialaphone ?

I'm not ready for all the hassle of returning the N97 for repair. and possibly getting a different IMEI as some of my software is licensed to only run the specific IMEI.
--
HammY
Message 29 of 31 (2,959 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
MattyD1

Hi HammY

Thanks for the question.

As you got the phone from DialaPhone, you've got it from a 3rd party.

Even though you may not have paid them anything, it's still them that you'd need to deal with when it comes to any warranty repairs.

If you'd got the phone directly from Vodafone, it'd be us that would handle it for you.

As far as the anything else to do with the contract/account goes ie. bills, network, price plan changes.

It would be Vodafone that you'd need to deal with, the only time you'd need to deal with Dialaphone would be in the case of faulty equipment.

I trust this answers your question.

Many Thanks

MattyD

eForum Team
Want to give me some feedback? Yes
Message 30 of 31 (2,959 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
daniel.spanton

I also have been offerd a refurb it is in the shop i have not accepted it yet i think it is a joke how they can treat you different thank you vodafone ####s
Message 31 of 31 (2,959 Views)