Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia WIndows Phone Loses Emails

go1218
4: Newbie

Sometimes my Nokia 1020 loses emails immediately after reading.  They arrive in my Linked Inbox, I read them, then they just disappear. They are not in my trash folders.  This happens with POP3 acounts.  I think that I have the most up to date version of Windows for Mobile, but this occured with the previous version. I am not sure if I pressed the delete button by mistake, but these missing messages cannot be found anywhere. Not in the phone,  nor online at www.hotmail.com nor downloaded to my PC.  I am at a lost to understand what has happened, except today it was where the vodafone signal can be inconsistent. That may not be relevant of course. 

Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to get the Windows Phone to leave the emails on the server (which you can do with Android), so you cannot later download them via your PC.  If you could do that, it would be a solution, but I don't think you can.  From my perspective, all this is a serious weakness in the Windows Phone operating system. Particularly as it always seems to be an important message that disappears!

Any suggestions appreciated please.

0 REPLIES 0