Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nokia mail error 80048830

Capricorn
3: Seeker

i bought a Nokia Lumia 530 and set up my email account using the Yahoo mail settings on the phone. Mid-sync I get Error Code 80048830. An internet search shows this as a common Nokia problem. I've tried all the online suggestions and reloaded my mail account many times, also using advanced settings.  The Vodafone shop dismissively told me they could do nothing as I'd persevered for just over 14 days. Any suggestions?

9 REPLIES 9

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It certainly looks like a Nokia / operating system issue across several devices and networks. Given the attention it's had on several Nokia forums (including threads this past month or so) I'd hope it's something they'll address in a future software update. 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

That's the impression I had, that it's a fundamental system issue. Until there's a software update, it seems Nokia are making devices which don't work for one of their primary functions and Vodafone are selling product unfit for purpose, both ignoring their legal responsibilities and both treating their customers with contempt.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Capricorn 

If you feel the phone has developed a fault can offer a repair.

The other option would be to wait until Nokia release a further software update. See our firmware FAQ's for more info.

Thanks,

Sukhi 

Capricorn
Hi Sukhi,
I don't believe it has developed a fault; it was faulty from the start. Therefore a software change could fix it but I'm not prepared to store a faulty device in the hope of a software update. Via Vodafone Help on Twitter I've grudgingly said I'll send it back, direct, for repair but believe this is futile as it's a common operating fault in Nokia phones. I won't go back to the store as they have bluntly said they cannot help me. My strong preference is a refund and I'll get another make on Vodafone. If I don't resolve this soon, my next phone will be on a different network and I'll review the other £600 a year I spend with you. I'd quite like to be treated as a valued customer rather than dismissed and annoyed.

Hi @Capricorn

The offer is still there if you'd like to send the phone for repair.

If you need to discuss a refund further, please come and chat to us on Live help.

Thanks,

Jamian

Capricorn
I've spent days on Live Chat being refused a refund: told to go to shop for repair, which I won't do as they've made it clear they will not / cannot help. I also think it's irreparable. I've now been given a link to email, which I've used, and await a satisfactory response.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Capricorn

We’ve got your email reply from 9 April and we’ll be back in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Gemma

For the benefit of anyone who may be interested: the response I eventually received to my email told me to get stuffed, yet again.  I was advised I could escalate my issue, resulting in the same response almost a week later.  I was invited to understand that Vodafone's arbitrary policy means they cannot help me - why not admit you just refuse to help? -  and expected to believe that the apologies were sincere.

I do not understand how an organisation can treat its customers, and indeed the UK law (consumer and tax), with such contempt.  I am also staggered that it must incur such costs in deploying multi-channel resource to insult its customers, outweighing the cost of a commercial concession which would retain some customer loyalty and goodwill.

It would be more honest and efficient for all to have an automated reply saying: "We will not help you but thanks for your money anyway; we are sure you understand."

Capricorn
Hi Gemma,

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you with a resolution. My email of 9th was just answering questions following my original email 5 days ago - after much preamble.

Many thanks,
John