Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone not working

ClaireJohnson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My lumia phone was stuck on the camera setting. I switched it off and on again and now the screen has an image of a lightning bolt with a cog wheel next to it. Is this a software upgrade issue? I can not do anything with the phone now, it is stuck.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi,

Which model of Lumia are you using please.

Also try hooking it up to a wall charger to see if that wakes it up or to a Pc /Mac and use a pc suite.

Their are avenues such as Hard Resets but take into account these can sometimes delete saved data in the phones internal memory like pictures etc, so if possible typically creating a back up is advised if a phone allows it.

After checking on other forums / sites it does appear that a Hard Reset is one of the remedies.

This is Microsofts official link on this http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/restart-my-phone

Hope this helps. 😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
Hi,

Which model of Lumia are you using please.

Also try hooking it up to a wall charger to see if that wakes it up or to a Pc /Mac and use a pc suite.

Their are avenues such as Hard Resets but take into account these can sometimes delete saved data in the phones internal memory like pictures etc, so if possible typically creating a back up is advised if a phone allows it.

After checking on other forums / sites it does appear that a Hard Reset is one of the remedies.

This is Microsofts official link on this http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/restart-my-phone

Hope this helps. 😎

Current Phone  >

The re-start seems to have done the trick. Thank you so much.

Hi

You're very welcome. 😎

Good to hear your back up and running so thank you for your thread update.

Current Phone  >